Hi all,

Every time I fly, I get this message:

"A critical error has occurred in this application. Further program operation is not possible."

How can I solve this?

Regards

Santiago

Head over to the official forum and post there or login and submit a support ticket.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/forum.php

In the meantime you can select "Send error report" so they can have a look at the issue.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi

I had same yesterday 3-4 times when I loaded a FP.

Send them 2 error reports so hope it can be fixed.

Jesper

I have been receiving these errors as well. This has been a pretty common issue as of recently. Considering how widespread the problem is, I suspect the program is being given bad data by the ASN servers. There's a support thread on the HiFi forums. One of the developers has been suggesting potential fixes.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?3438-ASN-Error

To all: Please try the following to help isolate:

- Reset your databases to default (tools, Edit Station Database, Reset to default - for weather stations and airports)
- Turn off VATSIM option in ASN settings
- Try without a flight plan (if this is caused by the flight plan, please attach .PLN)
- If using PMDG 777SP1, make sure you have auto load simulator flight plan off in ASN settings
- Please make sure to post your entire error report here if you continue having the issue

Thank you! Hope to get to the bottom of this soon.

I've been getting the errors starting just a couple days ago. So actually I'm a little relieved to hear others are getting it as well, which means its not our systems fault, but their servers.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Same here but I just usually just restart asn and all is good again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yep, about two days ago it started and now seems to happen every day. The program loads and starts fine but malfunctions at some point.

Damian recently posted a promising update to the support thread on the HiFi forums.

We were finally able to duplicate this, and have things mostly narrowed down and believe this is due to current data where certain METAR stations are reporting/vs not reporting and affecting interpolation source computations. We are also able to confirm that SP1 has indeed solved this issue through the various adjustments/improvements/fixes we have made. 

We are working hard now to expedite SP1 for release, most likely as an open beta, sometime around Monday next week. We could do an HF for this, but internal testing and releasing this would likely not occur any quicker, and would only further delay SP1.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and we will do our absolute best to get this resolution in your hands ASAP.

Damian recently posted a promising update to the support thread on the HiFi forums.

Does this error causes ASN to shut down?

Yes it does.

Ok that explains a lot. Thanks for your reply. I really hope they fix it soon, long hauls are not working so well with this.