Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

1/2 Refresh Rate - Nvidia?

Is this still something we have to wait for driver support from nvidia on?

Im so pleased with 2.3 in general, but to get that FSX level of smoothness at 30FPS with 1/2 refresh in inspector is still not quite there yet.

This would be the final piece of the jigsaw for me.

Any news on this?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn, I've seen on the forums somethere that enabling adaptive vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel (not Nvidia Inspector) seems to do the trick for some.

Have you given that a try?

Thanks.

So how do I set this up.?

Vsync on in p3d? Etc, etc?

Thanks

In P3D v2 switch off vSync and Triple Buffer. In CP set on adaptive vSync and Triple buffer. Can also be 1/2 vSync.

Spirit

PS: There's a thread somewhere about this "adaptive vSync". With Google you may find it.

Thanks.

Just tested all permutations and, at least for me, those options do not work at the driver level.

The only nVidia Inspector selection I've been able to to get to work correctly is SGSS .

All the rest are broke.

You could always buy a cheap 4K 30Hz TV and just lock the FPS in the sim, that's what I do ;)  Of course, you'll need the GPU horsepower for it, at this point in time high-end AMD cards with a 512-bit bus seem to handle 4K better than Nvidia cards.  

Is there really any gain to be had by using an external limiter with P3D?

I thought the internal limiter worked better than in FSX.

Tried the NI frame rate limiter quite some time ago. Works for about 10 minutes, then flips back to unlimited. Others, but not all, had this problem as well.

On a recommendation, went to the Revo limiter and all is well.

Mark

Except for the frame limiter, none of those settings have any effect. At least not on the driver I have installed.

Last I heard from LM developers was that these settings have to be enabled specifically with driver support for DX11. Until Nvidia pull their fingers out of their backsides, we are out of luck.

Agreed.

How did MicroSoft get them to produce a profile, but LM can't?

Agreed.

How did MicroSoft get them to produce a profile, but LM can't?

"If our product doesn't look good on your drivers, your drivers aren't going to look good on any Windows machine."

But they said it a lot less bluntly.