Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.3 is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

...I'm flying over ORBX's  OpenLC's France...and the new HDR system...well...I have never seen the like of it in flight simulation.

This is as far as I am concerned....NOT an incremental advancement.

My Gawd....FPS through the roof, smoothness of flight, graphics to blow your mind, atmospherics,...you can write ten pages of posts on....

WOW....LM....all I can say...is WOW.....

If you would have put this out as P3D v3.0...you could have convinced me with no problem.

You guys have broken the performance barrier...and all with a legacy flight engine.  No wonder you folks build multi-million dollar defence aircraft....jeez......

Lovin' it...and now back to the flight.  Everything is working, waiting on ASN to come back to pappa...as well as Pete doing his thing....

"Yeah....P3D v3.0...you could have sold that to me....no problem...   I just have to wonder what you folks will pull out of the bag..for v2.4 or in fact...the real v3.0 deal"

Most happy and satisfied, after having gotten everything to re-load, fully function...and pain of install...is past....

And 2.3 is even better!

ROFL!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

And 2.3 is even better!

ROFL!

Vic

yeah, lol..I hope that an admin  can fix that...I didn't catch that before I posted....lol.....oh well...everybody knows....

"Hey FireHawk...can you please swap out that 1 for a '2' in the title...lol"   Thanks!.

Post Edit:  OMG!....the new HDR on the mountains below me is so incredible...what the heck did they do with one incremental 'bump'?!?!?!?!?

H.S.!

A MOST happy Camper....

So what convinced you to pick up the towel again? And could you post some screenies , that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm still sitting on the fence between X-Plane and P3D here...

WOW....LM....all I can say...is WOW.....

You don't like it then? :lol:

Hyperbowl or not I tend to agree; the lighting and general atmospheric environment really is something else.

Keep enjoying it :smile:

So what convinced you to pick up the towel again? And could you post some screenies , that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm still sitting on the fence between X-Plane and P3D here...

"Well, the 'towel' was thrown by the sheer frustration of a patch that would not work, by the crashes incurred as I was loading up my layers of add-on's....you know the drill, right?   Frankly, to get me to the hot-rod install I have now...took about 20 hours from the first download.  This and that...reinstall clean....try that...that sort of deal.  Last night, I got Accu-Feel up and running, alongside GSX Ground Services.  All good!   I own XPX as you know...but I must tell ya....NOTHING....absolutely NOTHING...no other product can TOUCH...P3D v2.3 for generated graphics....and how COMPLEX it is now.  There is no one or two layers..of happening...it is dynamic....how the clouds move the fantastic shadows across the apron, as you sit there...if there is wind, how in real time (I am in pause over Mackinac Island, using ORBX weather option (4)...and how the clouds DARKEN the water...and how the water masks now dynamically change their hue...is so life-like...and again...this is happening in real time....OMG!

I could go on..and on..but won't....if you can get past the install quagmires....then you will STRIKE GOLD!   v2.3 gives you EVERY feature, from every sim you ever loved...and wraps it in real time...all onto your monitor before you.  Like I said...in my mind's eye...this is NOT a v.2.x increment.  This is an entirely new P3D simulator.   H.S.!      H.S.!.......

Run...don't walk to your download....and have at it.   In every aspect, FPS performance, graphic performance, P3D v2.3 is a ball right out of the park...a  major...major, Home Run!   There, that is my review....:)"....."and oh...you should see what P3D v2.3 does to the wonderful State of Michigan...and Mackinac Island....sheer....sheer.....bliss.....the new HDR engine...brings 3D to all ORBX textures....you now see depth...everywhere...."

It's really nice to have the real Mitch back. :yahoo:

LOL......wasn't myself for at least 20 hours the last couple of days....sheesh...

Folks, in this thread, someone asked me for a few screen grabs.  I'd be happy to offer them, and post.

But, having said that, I can NOT stress strongly enough, that what has me so excited about this version (v2.3) can NOT be captured in a still, screen grab.  You are now flying in a real world...through real atmospherics, that have NOT been processed or duplicated by any other sim to date.  I am even calling out XPX on this.  No other flight simulator, will give you real-time light scatter changes that occurred, as I turned from downwind, to cross-wind, and then onto final to Mackinac Island.  Folks...(for those obviously that also do not have v2.3 running on their system already), you are now to all the visual senses...flying an aircraft through light, darkness, shadow, bright sunlight. From the shadows that move and play across your cockpit, from the new, intense sunlight swaths that almost blinds you...as it sweeps, or flashes briefly, across the instruments as you taxi....totally new..never before seen, via the HDR engine.....all of this, will not be captured with a screen grab.

P3D v.2.3 is all about now,...the experience, and not the A/B comparison of screen grabs between various flight simulators.   This must be experienced by you...the user.  What am I so excited about?  You will NEVER see it, via a sterile screen grab...but only, if you take the leap of faith...purchase, download..and SEE IT IN DYNAMIC ACTION...all for yourselves....

With respect,

Mitch

I really dont like it

I hate it

Cause now I cant do my work, cant clean the room, cant go eat supper, cant go to bed... and the list goes on

The wife ran out screaming something about stupid f@ games 

wonder what that was about? its not a game its academic learning ! How dare she

:t4020:

maybe I can tweak the wife to be ok with it?

Anyone know what folder is her cfg file in?

I really dont like it

I hate it

Cause now I cant do my work, cant clean the room, cant go eat supper, cant go to bed... and the list goes on

The wife ran out screaming something about stupid f@ games 

wonder what that was about?

:t4020:

maybe I can tweak the wife to be ok with it?

now where is here cfg file?

Yeah...I hear ya...I'm getting 'the look', too......

"WOW....LM....all I can say...is WOW....."

You had me at wow... :He He:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hey Mitch, I know that after your review, you had to take a nap, so when you get up, I would like to know if you could be a little more detailed.

Bob

Hey Mitch, I know that after your review, you had to take a nap, so when you get up, I would like to know if you could be a little more detailed.

Bob

LOL, how is your install going, Bob?   BTW...I was parked in front of the ORBX freeware Global Mackinac Island airport terminal building. It was around 15:00 hours in my sim settings.  I then went to DUSK, and almost fell out of my chair....for the two ORBX people sitting on the bench to the left of the terminal entrance, as well as the person standing at the corner of the building, to their left, started casting shadows onto the terminal wall behind them (because of a pole light about 20 feet away from them), not to mention...the SLOTS of the bench they were sitting on...all brought about by the HDR engine.  I took off...and no more 'one minute it is dusk...with time chunks, making things go darker...nope...but now, such a slow transition (real world) that you feel you are there...as day gives way to night.  I also now believe as I headed alongside I-75 Southbound, that with ORBX Global installed, and their Vector lighting system, now  being processed by the new HDR routines....you now have the finest night environment, that.... has finally eclipsed XPX.  Another way to state it...is if anybody has been thinking about picking up those Night Environment Programs of different cities.... well...you now have that exact and busy look....but GLOBALLY!  The HDR system in v.2.3 is responsible for that...in how it parses specular light radiation.   I haven't even begun to reach out to this sim..and explore all the new enhancements.  Enhancements, by the bucket load.....

hehe..v1.3. Little late to the party! :P

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor