Sign in to follow this  
magentaline

VOX not intializing

Hi,

I have a new installation of Vox. It has gone thorough the indexing process. When I try to start a flight I get the 'test test' signal. It then says it is initializing but never gets past this point

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi,

I have a new installation of Vox. It has gone thorough the indexing process. When I try to start a flight I get the 'test test' signal. It then says it is initializing but never gets past this point

Thanks in advance

Tim

Do you have the VOXPOP voices installed and how long are you waiting for VOXATC to initialize?

I have noticed that there is definitely a hiccup with v6.34. Since installing this version, I have to wait at least 2 minutes following voice tests and sometimes I get a "Fatal Error" which appears to be false, because if I tune in clearance frequency the massage will disappear and VOX is working.

Not sure if the dev is working on or not,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No I dont have any additional voices as yet. Yesterday it initialised quickly for no obvious reason on the tutorial Eppley VFR flight (which I had tried before with no go) Its now trying to initialise for Biggin Hill to Manston.... for about 10 mins so far  :huh:  puzzled

I should also add that on yesterdays Eppley flight I had no Voxatc traffic whatsoever.

I have UT2 which is set to run auto on FSX start up but I disable this via task manager before I open VOXatc. Don't know if this is relevant?

Have you got your UT2 & FSX traffic set to 0% and your required traffic % set in VOXATC?

Rick Hobbs

I have UT2 which is set to run auto on FSX start up but I disable this via task manager before I open VOXatc. Don't know if this is relevant?

I don't use UT2, but I do know that it should not be required to be running. As far as I know, VOX only uses their aircraft and there is know required activity on the part of UT2 other than to be on your computer if you want to use their models. Also, did you run the UT2bridge utility when you installed VOXATC?

Rick Hobbs

I am at a loss now. I have completely disabled UT2 so I know its nothing with that now. Vox is being very erratic in its load times and I still have no traffic even with the Vox slider at 100% (none at at Biggin Hill anyway) It seemed for a while that it didnt like the A2A 172 but having tried with both default and addon aircraft I dont think thats it.

So, what I have is very unpredictable initiazation, sometimes never and no traffic!

Vox initialises then disappears on my rig. Nothing happens after that. I can't work this out either. I used to use Vox regularly for years but since getting this new version ages ago I lost patience with it. Now it seems to have lost patience with me (spite, perhaps!).

John G

I too have used an earlier version Of Vox a while back with no problems. I have given up on all other ATC programs in favour of Vox but now this! surely it cant be an isolated problem?  Win7 Q6600 GT8800  

"So, what I have is very unpredictable initiazation, sometimes never and no traffic!"

Does this mean sometimes it works ok?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Sometimes if I 'disable' enable' it a few times it start to work in as much as it initialises and gives me the atis frequency but it has not generated traffic apart from once but the traffic remained completely static. 

I assume you are using VOXatc ver 6.46

and, you Uninstalled your old version before installing v6.46?

"Sometimes if I 'disable' enable' it a few times it start to work in as much as it initializes and gives me the atis frequency window".

And then, you do not have to wait very long for the voices to cycle before giving the ATIS freq .. correct?

On my system:

Start FSX

load aircraft

Do a flight plan and save it

Start VOXatc

Takes exactly 3 minutes for it to do  the "Test" voice .. 6 times on my setup (also using two purchased voice packs).

Then I get ATIS and the AI aircraft show up.

I have MyTraffic installed

I have FSX traffic set to = 0

VOX traffic slider at 50%

VOXatc traffic at KDTW today:

VOXatc-KDTW_zpsbf31797f.jpg

Best Regards,

But why such a long initialization time? It was MUCH faster on 6.2.

Rick Hobbs

But why such a long initialization time? It was MUCH faster on 6.2.

You would have to ask the developer.

I started with ver 6.34, then 6.45 and now 6.46 and the all took a good deal of time initializing the first time.

Best Regards,

Looks like Ive solved it. I had Vox installed on a different drive to FSX. I reinstalled letting it go where it wanted to and now its working  :smile: