Sign in to follow this  
HeX_MaN

Milviz 732 autothrottle problem

Hello everyone.

After my purchase of MIlviz 737-200, everything looked awesome and I was very happy about it.

I planned my route and started my engines for the first time, listening to that beautiful sound of the engines and APU shutting down.

Because the route was long, about 1.6 Hours, I planned to use LNAV all the way. 

OK VRef speeds are programmed to MCP by CDU and everything looks perfect.

Just to make things clear I used FirstAir version of the aircraft with FMS/Sperry 177 option - which comes with fully functional VNAV, LNAV and Autothrottle.

50% N1 and A/T engage - V1, rotate, V2... Climbing through 3000, I engage A/P and put aircraft in LNAV+Speed mode. 

I start to turn the speed knob to 240 knots due to restriction in the area. Suddenly A/T goes crazy and puts aircraft in MTOP mode or 100% N1... Aircraft overspeeds and I disengage the A/T.

After few minutes of climbing and manually managing the speed, I engage the A/T again. Nothing happens... My speed starts to drop. 

Then again disengage and engage again. Now it again puts 100% MTOP and so on...

I don't know what can cause the problem. FYI I did not put speed in for every waypoint in CDU. Because I wanted to manage the speed by MCP panel with speed mode...

If anyone has a solution for this problem please let me know :)

Glad you brought this up, because I too had the same experience  before I completely uninstalled everything FSX- and related  prior to my new system build. Should be intersting to follow this.

Glad you brought this up, because I too had the same experience  before I completely uninstalled everything FSX- and related  prior to my new system build. Should be intersting to follow this.

It feels good to know that some people had the same issue, because it can bring up more people to help and make conversations... I am struggling with the problem on every flight and it really grinds my gears... 

Let's hope we will find the solution and be able to fly her again...

At first when this happened to me, I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong, and after a while I got so fed up of this up-and-down behaviour with the A/T and speed control, I gave up and ditched that particular aircraft. I come to this hobby to relax, not have unfathomable hassles. I have other class aircraft in my hangar that can give hours of joy and relaxation without all this.

I know... But I really want to use her. Not because it is really fun to fly and it handles really well, but because I asked my VA crew add this aircraft to detailed ACARS options to track the system. I am shy enough to make another request on another aircraft... 

Proper support for the product is only available through the official support forums at http://milviz.com

Contact roadburner440@milviz.com to register for forum support and activation!  Please include proof of purchase.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

page one of the manual.  And Bill wrote it in his post just above yours...  But he got it mixed up...  it's contact roadburner440@milviz.com TO register for support. Please include your proof of purchase.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Will do it when I get home :) I need my purcahse list document which is on my main comp, where I store my purchase infos... Thanks anyways..

It'd be interesting to know whether there is a solution to what seems a showstopper. Milviz support forum is reserved to owners of the plane so a potential buyer cannot check. I thought that the last SP has ironed out all the bugs.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Dominique, in all fairness the failure of one single function even in real life does not necessarily deadline an otherwise flyable aircraft, so why would a temporary malfunction in an otherwise outstanding aircraft be a "show stopper?"

Unless of course you simply don't trust the avionics shop's technicians to identify and fix the problem, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

On the other hand, there are many, many others who also own this product who've not experienced this problem, so it's entirely possible that something else is at play. In any case, the purpose of this "AVSIM" forum is to provide a place for "general information" that doesn't require anyone to register at the formal support forum(s) for specific products.

Fr. Bill    

Dominique, in all fairness the failure of one single function even in real life does not necessarily deadline an otherwise flyable aircraft, so why would a temporary malfunction in an otherwise outstanding aircraft be a "show stopper?"

Unless of course you simply don't trust the avionics shop's technicians to identify and fix the problem, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

On the other hand, there are many, many others who also own this product who've not experienced this problem, so it's entirely possible that something else is at play. In any case, the purpose of this "AVSIM" forum is to provide a place for "general information" that doesn't require anyone to register at the formal support forum(s) for specific products.

Thank you. I really want to find an answer to this problem. But the problem is I am away from home, so I don't have my licence info to contact the developer. Let's see if someone helps...

Also the other autopilot, which is like CWS mode on NGX, does that have autothrust system??

No, the SP77 is a very "primitive" split system dual-axis autopilot, although quite honestly with the convenience of Control Wheel Steering (CWS) it is an absolute joy to hand fly the aircraft... :dance:

In any case, the "avionics tech" who programmed the SP177 (Narutokun, aka: Jon) will be able to provide technical assistance whenever you do get into the support forum.

Milviz will always work hard to improvise, adapt and/or overcome obstacles to any customer's purchase.

Fr. Bill    

I have some erratic behaviour of the AP of the only airliner that I own. Might be PEBKAC but am interested by the MV 732 to get a more reliable aircraft hence my question. It would then be a show stopper =for me=. I am glad to know that they are isolated cases.

As for the forum. I understand that you want to protect your support place but it would benefit you and us to follow up here on that issue, at least to confirm that a solution has been found :wink: .

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have some erratic behaviour of the AP of the only airliner that I own. Might be PEBKAC but am interested by the MV 732 to get a more reliable aircraft hence my question. It would then be a show stopper =for me=. I am glad to know that they are isolated cases.

As for the forum. I understand that you want to protect your support place but it would benefit you and us to follow up here on that issue, at least to confirm that a solution has been found :wink: .

I cannot say for certain that a solution has been created because I myself have never been able to replicate the situation even once. Then again, my setup is rather simple. No special hardware, no additional gauges, no tweaks on this or that. The speed hold mode in the 732 is actually using the default FSX auto throttle system. Only the EPR and LVL CHG modes use my custom PID controllers. With a raw install of FSX and the 732, everything works perfectly. Its a bit hard sometimes for me to diagnose whats causing the problem on other systems because there may be an addon that I don't have that is causing the issue.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion