Sign in to follow this  
Ajax_1726

(HELP) Hamad international Scenery

Hello, 

I installed the OTHH scenery made by Christophe Bouville. I can't seem to get the jetways to work. It's for FSX. The jetways don't move or do anything. where as for others they do seem to work (I think). I messed with my fsx settings but to no avail. 
Any help? Thanks. 

Make sure advanced animations is ticked and that your plane isn't too close to the jetway or they wont move.

If the jetways still don't move then they're most likely static jetways.

Make sure advanced animations is ticked and that your plane isn't too close to the jetway or they wont move.

If the jetways still don't move then they're most likely static jetways.

Advanced Animations is on. Is there a way to make the jetways movable? By code? 

your currently airport scenery must support the jetways,otherwise you have not jetways to move.

your currently airport scenery must support the jetways,otherwise you have not jetways to move.

You mean the default scenery? Yeah that has jetways. 

Perhaps you'd like to look at a payware scenery for the airport. Taxi2Gate just released OTHH moments ago and I'm guessing it will get AES support eventually just like their other airports did.

You can find the scenery here : http://secure.simmarket.com/taxi2gate-hamad-intl-airport-fsx-p3d-p3dv2.phtml

I have a Inter Core 2 Duo 3.5GHz 4GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 4670 Win7 Ulti 32bit. Would it run properly?

It is a little critical to reach a smooth simulation regarding your PC-power,but it is a relevant factor,that you have a huge frames per seconds,otherwise;it will be less enjoyable.

I have a Inter Core 2 Duo 3.5GHz 4GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 4670 Win7 Ulti 32bit. Would it run properly?

Your PC isn't as powerful but T2G airports seem to be really well optimized. Depending on what other programs you run on your system while running FSX, it should give you decent frames to enjoy it. Best solution would be to contact T2G via their Facebook page or their forum and check with them on what they feel is recommended with your PC specs. 

Your PC isn't as powerful but T2G airports seem to be really well optimized. Depending on what other programs you run on your system while running FSX, it should give you decent frames to enjoy it. Best solution would be to contact T2G via their Facebook page or their forum and check with them on what they feel is recommended with your PC specs. 

If I upgrade to win 7 64bit and get maybe 6 - 8GB RAM, will it make a big difference? 

If I upgrade to win 7 64bit and get maybe 6 - 8GB RAM, will it make a big difference? 

64 bit Windows will definitely help you if you run other programs like a weather engine, flight planning softwares, etc as it would give all of them plus the simulator a little more breathing room. 6-8 GB RAM is a good idea.

Just to give you a little perspective, this is what my system looks like :

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz

6 GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GPU

With the above specs (and a tweaked fsx.cfg), I manage to get around 20 frames in the PMDG 777/NGX at OTHH with Ultimate Traffic 2 running at 50% AI traffic. It's not great but it isn't that bad either.

If you have for example WoAI airplanes you need this in your aircraft.cfg.

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4, 40.30,  -9.0,  10.88,0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, 55.0,   8.0, -2.5, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4, -42.30,   9.0, -7,   2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

This is for a B744.

Jan