Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

PrecipitFX

Wow!  I wonder how it integrates with the weather effects/textures included in Active Sky 2012?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Dont see any extra features that would bring any new "textures", I think rain look the same, some vortices look nice and contrails again the same

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I agree Imran, might be ok for taking screenies, but I fly via the VC, not by remote control, so this product does nothing for me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If it can be added to AI, that would be very interesting.  

I agree with Badfinger regarding VC flying, though.

Alexander Alonso

Flying in 35.000ft with Airbus Exended

Set FPS to 30 - Always have 30 fps in that height, but now only have 20 fps.

Uninstalled Precipit FX and went back to 30 fps again - using Steves DX10 fixer

Flying in 35.000ft with Airbus Exended

Set FPS to 30 - Always have 30 fps in that height, but now only have 20 fps.

Uninstalled Precipit FX and went back to 30 fps again - using Steves DX10 fixer

Thanks, good to know.

Except that little detail, what exactly this product does? Is rain any better inside VC?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thinks it makes a difference, example more realistic snow.

Have contacted support for the fps problem- waiting for

answer...

Have spoken with support- They have tested it in

many ways and dont see any performance drop.

They are very helpful.

Have calculated now 5 fps performance loss.

Maybe its my computer- But have a high end system with lots of add- ons software.

Its not a expensive product- so people can buy it and test

it with their own system

I'm wary of a product when their own website is full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. Plus, they've disallowed comments on their YT videos. Me thinks they don't like open and unmoderated discussions.

Anyone able to comment on the new rain and snow effects? If snow doesn't look stupid anymore, that alone would easily be worth the price for me.

James

I have bought the product, I know I don't post a whole lot on avsim, but yes the rain textures do change and there is jet blast on the ground from AI aircraft on the ground if the runway is wet, even from AI aircraft, the rain doesn't look like it's passing your windows at light speed when your climbing out through it either, as for the contrails, each engine gives it's own contrail effect and it doesn't go to a 2d cloud after a few hundred feet behind your turbofan aircraft, there's also smoke that will come off your tires if you use your brakes too much, and the vortices look nice off the wings if the atmosphere conditions are right

Shane

Anyone know if it's possible to only use the new rain and snow textures? I'm not especially interested in the jet blast effects, especially if there's a performance hit.

James

You can deselect the "unnecessary" things while installing. But please try the contrails/jet blast effects before (the installer will backup everything). It really does not decrease your frames.