Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

I tried to post in the topic regarding the 64-bit Conversion tool, but found it was not available, and the other topic was locked.

I went ahead and purchased/installed the product this morning, and here are my results.

In the past, I have ALWAYS had CTDs due to OOM errors when flying long distances using MegaSceneryEarth and custom airports in conjunction with PMDG 737NGX or 747 aircraft. This occurred so often that I disabled MegaSceneryEarth. This was so bad that I often had OOMs before even taking off from KLAX.

After enabling MegaSceneryEarth, I decided to fly from KLAX (FSDreamTeam) to KSFO (FlightBeam) in a PMDG 737-700W (and using FS2Crew Button). The weather was loaded with REX Texture Direct (closed set to 2048 resolution), with ASN, EFB, and FS9 running on my laptop connected via WideFS.

When loading my flight, I thought I forgot to enable MegaSceneryEarth, because it loaded under a minute, whereas in the past it would take at least 3 minutes to load with MegaSceneryEarth. Nope - it was enabled. I loaded the aircraft with the Short panel state, started RC4, went through my pre-flight with FS2Crew, and taxied to the runway without any issues (OOMs or degradation in FPS). Again, this was at an custom airport where I often had OOMs before even pushing back.

I monitored FSX in ProcessExplorer, and my Virtual Memory got up to over 3.86gb, but no OOM.

After taking off and getting to cruise level, I saw that my VM had gone down to 3.4gb. I do not recall EVER seeing this before.

The flight went smooth all the way thru descent, when my VM crept back up to over 3.85gb. Just prior to landing, I did receive the OOM pop-up but ignored it. In the past, when receiving this pop-up, if FSX did not actually crash, my graphics would get hosed, both in the cockpit and scenery. However, not only did this NOT happen, but after landing I was able to taxi to the gate, use GSX to disembark the passengers, and shut the aircraft down. It was only at this point that my cockpit graphics did not refresh after switching thru external views.

When I logged onto the AVSIM forum, I saw I had a message from the author regarding the product, asking if I had a chance to try it out and how it went. After replying to him, I had another message within 15 minutes suggesting some config changes to really work the product out (which I will try in a few hours, including upping the clouds to 4096 in REX).

If this product is, as some have suggested, a scam, for one it's already allowed me to do more with FSX than months of tweaking have gotten me. And for another, he certainly hasn't shown signs of "taking the money and running".

I will post further results in this thread unless, of course, someone decides to delete or lock it.

Unless someone is technically savvy, it would be nice if people would refrain from making such negative comments without before trying the product.

"Contempt prior to investigation is ignorance".

Interesting how quick that thread got locked,some ppl just don't give anyone a chance, I remember the same with FSPS Fiber Accelerator, until Pete Dowson posted his findings, that changed the tone a lot. Please post more of your findings.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Unless someone is technically savvy, it would be nice if people would refrain from making such negative comments without before trying the product.

Agree completely, Stevan, and thank you for your contribution to a rational discussion. I hope you'll post more of your results after making the suggested config changes.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Thanks for your insight, Stevan. Too many people were quick to judge on this matter.

Did you see any improvement in your FPS? Are you locked at 30? 

I was kind of dreading to see what people replied - it was GREAT seeing these first two replies - LOL

Yes, I am locked at 30 and using FSX Fiber Accelerator.

Regarding FPS, I just installed Fraps for this reason, and tried a different flight before the 64-bit Conversion tool - the FPS from within the cockpit was in fact higher post-conversion, but since it was a different flight it's not a true "before-and-after" comparison. Tonight I will fly the one I did last night when I saved statistics and post the results.

My other plan for tomorrow is to fly my PMDG 747 from KJFK to KSFO, another flight where I ALWAYS CTD'd as soon as I started flying over Colorado, which is the first state with MegaSceneryEarth (I have these for all south-west states). KJFK is also by FSDreamTeam.

I will keep you posted - and thank you for the support for this post!

I hardly ever OOM, but I'm willing to buy this product once I see a few more reviews pop up. If this is truly what it is set out to be, then 13 USD is almost a steal.

I would keep my credit card in my wallet - this has all the signs of a scam, pure and simple.

:huh:

Bert

Topic about this tool is the most contraversal thing happened on AVSIM as far as I remember. During first day it was called a scam, fail, impossible, etc, locked few times, and ended by deleting every single related thread. Now there are couple of users that bought this tool and they are claiming it works, truly legit.

I don't know what to think anymore, lol. :lol:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Now there are couple of users that bought this tool

Couple ? Thought it was just one user so far. The OP of this thread.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Can we please leave one thread alive to either verify or disregard the program!

I would keep my credit card in my wallet - this has all the signs of a scam, pure and simple.

Bert, please. Can we keep this thread alive and rational by limiting it to facts and not opinions?

Thanks.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Can we please leave one thread alive to either verify or disregard the program!

We will do exactly that.

I'm afraid I contributed to the negative vibe in the previous, now removed thread. I apologize to the group. I took what was a day full of IRROPS and MX issues and vented my frustrations on the previous thread by attacking the original post.

While I have no idea if the 64-bit conversion tool actually works and is legitimate, I certainly do not want to be closed minded, and will let the community vet out if in fact this is the panacea many of us have been looking for. I truly hope it is, as it can only help the flight sim community at large.

Cheers,