Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

777 freezes. Still have sound.

Just got the T7 the other day. Today was the first day to fly it. KBOS to EGLL. 30 min into the flight it froze. Still had sound. Tried again and 39 min into the flight it froze again. I was running ASN and UT2 at 40%. Checked the forums and tried the fixes but still no joy.

Hi

Welcome to the club. I am happy to report PMDG is aware of the issue and working on it. 

I´m also having those freezes! Sometimes it freezes sometimes i´m able to complete the flight. After it freezes the sound continues and I´m able to kill FSX via the Task Manager.

I don´t have any of those issues with NGX.

Bruno Fontes

SBRJ

Have you tried this? Worked for me on my old WinXP 32 Core2 Quad. I too had random freezes until I did this.

Change SOUND_QUALITY=2 to SOUND_QUALITY=1.

[sOUND]
//0=Low (sounds terrible), 1=Med, and 2=High quality sound in the cfg file
SOUND_QUALITY=1

And still works OK. Done several flights and no more hanging/freez. Also have the 300 that runs perfect.

No crazy behaviour at all after SP1b. Even flights that takes several hours it just runs fine.

/Per

Per W Sweden

I never freeze at all. The other day I did YSSY - OMDB 14 hours and no freeze or nothing

I had this issue before,i fixed already,you just adjust the FPS to unlimited.

I had this issue before,i fixed already,you just adjust the FPS to unlimited.

I've tried so many of these fixes. I've even come up with one or two myself. 777 still isn't stable on my system, unfortunately.

Until PMDG comes up with a solution, she stays in the hangar. Not too sorry about it really. Guess I'm more of a NGX person. Still happy to support PMDG. Lol.

Have you started a ticket with PMDG support and put your info in it i.e. System specs, error logs etc etc?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

support.precisionmanuals.com

Submit a ticket, please.

They've asked a couple times for people to send in reports of the freezing issue because they've had trouble pinning it down (and I don't recall much, if any, of the beta team experiencing it).

Kyle Rodgers

I had this problem also flying the Tutorial flight from VRMM. It occured on two flights roughly in the same place while cruising at 4x speed.

Again I tried it today after downloading SP1b it froze once more but this time I ignored it and left it frozen, about 10 mins later it continued flying as if nothing had happened.  It froze again after about 15 mins again I left it and it unfroze after which I achieved a fully autolanding at Dubai.  It was wonderful.   I'm not sure if SP1b  had anything to do with this as previously I have always exited the program. The Vas meter never went above 3 Gb in my settup and occasionaly it was below 2Gb.  No doubt there will be a perminent fix for this problem shortly.

Gradon

Hi all:

I've had the same freezes with black screens several times (and continue hearing the sounds) when I fly the B777 and use the main FSX menus. After the black screens, FSX finally crashes and I cannot continue my flight. Issued a ticket to PMDG but this really did not help too much, because (even if this only happens to me when flying the B777) PMDG states that the fault is not a module created by PMDG, but something wrong in my system (module api.dll, in my case, according to the report generated by Windows in Event Viewer). I'm know (kind of weird solution) flying the bird without going to the FSX menus, and I have no trouble.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers