Sign in to follow this  
turnandbank

OpusFSX Server - Configuration Error

I was running Opus fine in FSX DX10 and decided to test it in Prepar3d 2.3.  I clicked the bullet under the configuration to point Opus to the correct path for Perpar3d and when I try to start Opus I get a Configuration Error as follows:

Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Prepar3d\Weather\themes\OpusWeather.wt'. 

I checked that folder for the missing file and sure enough it was missing.  I found a file by the same name in the parallel path of my FSX install and copied it into the Prepar3d folder, but still could not start OPUS and got the same the warning message.  I also found a file by the same name in the C:\OpusFSX directory and tried copying that one into the E:\Prepar3d\Weather\themes\ folder, but still no go.  Tried downloading the latest upgrade for OPUS, did an uninstall and installed the upgrade and I am still getting the same error.

Now I can't run OPUS in FSX or Prepar3d as I can't even get to the configuration tab to point it back to FSX.  

Any suggestions?

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

You most likely have not set your sharing and permissions for drive E and your P3D install folder, hence the software cannot copy the WT (Weather Text) and the WTB (Weather Binary) theme files across. The software test the access by trying to copy the WT file on start up. If this fails an error is reported warning that it doesn't have access to this folder.

See the Getting Started Guide for Single PCs for details of how to set up sharing with sharing and security permissions.

Stephen :-)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will look into the Prepar3d folder permissions as soon as I have some time and report back.

Martin 

You should be able to set sharing and permissions on drive E but check the folder as well just in case. Also anything else that would block the FSXSERVER from copying the WT and WTB files into the sims Weather\theme folder.

Stephen :-)

Got it working now!  Thanks Stephen.

Martin