Sign in to follow this  
TTurbo

Great Problem with intel processors I3 vs I7

Hi to all,i have and I3 4360 (3,70GHZ) with 8GB RAM and GTX750OC.My fsx performs not bad at all (i get 30 fps in some addons airports and fluctuating from 24-25 to 30-35 fps sometimes).I have a tweaked bojote´s FSX.cfg

Recentrly i decided to get a brand new I7 (4790 at 3.6GHZ up to 4.00ghz when in turboboost mode).The surprises was after install the new i7 my fsx performs bad,(with the i3 i get better frames).Now with i7 y have 15-18fps.

I tried to tweak affinity mask to 14 and some other values,i tried to disable HT on BIOS and check a lot of parameters but without good results.

Finally i decided to put i3 again and the system goes into 30-35fps range again.

Whats wrong with this?any tweaks i´m loosing?.It´s suppossed i7 4790 3,6ghz performs better than i3 3,70ghz or not?.

And finally other question,with the "good processor" (i3) is normal get sometimes drops in frames? i get 34-35fps in dense airports or in cruise but sometimes drops to 23-24 and quickly goes up to 35fps again....any tweak for this also???.

Thanks in advance i think if i solve those problems my fsx will get rock solid fps.

Alex.

Are you certain that in both cases FSX is using the nVidia card? Results you give lean towards FSX not using the 750 when the i7 is installed.

Hi,i don´t understand very well this...I have W7 64bits and all installed(FSX,addons) the only thing i have is plug the new processor (I7) and see all is ok.Then i go into windows open fsx and the FPS problem comes.Is supossed to be more quickly and I7 3,6ghz than an I3 with 3,7ghz in FSX.???