Sign in to follow this  
snapitbik

Hot To install/Setup EZdok Camera

Hi, Freinds, 

Been through post just wondering how do you setup EZdok Camera for Prepar3d v2.3, is the software compatible, because i haven't used for prepar3d, if its compatible for prepar3d please can i know,

Thank you 

Let me preface my comments by saying I was a true believer in Ezdock and couldn't imagine flying without it. But after trying unsuccessfully for two days to install it in version 2.3 of P3d. I decided to look at the alternative, Opus FSX. After researching and reviewing I have decided to purchase and try it out. Based upon the reviews I am hopeful to have a camera product that is easy to install, works with P3d, and has good support and is in continuous development. Unlike Opus FSX, Ezdok offers none of those things that I need to continue using their software. I think I will send Ezdock to the graveyard to keep microsoft Flight simulator x company. RIP Ezdok.

tkellogg,

I agree that Opus cameras are excellent. If I could just install the camera package, I'd move in a minute.

Problem is the other stuff. Turbulence repies on Opus weather engine. I use Active Sky Next, so there are conflicts. I really wish Opus would release a camera only version or allow selective installation of components.

Meanwhile, using EZCA 1.17 beta exe and estonia migration tool; I have no issues with EZCA. I don't think the world camera works though.

Graham

I'm having serious issues with ezdok halting while loading into the sim.. some frigging permission issue on win 8.1. Terrible support over at their forums.. or rather I say, they prefer refraining to "not officially supported on win 8/8.1". Now where is that guy Marniftarr? is he dead? well guess not.. so how rude is it to keep charging premium and just avoid people like that? because if they (f1) keep charging.. it's very simple -he gets his share. So at least stop avoiding us and make the damn thing compatible.. how long will it take? few hours of coding? a day? disgusting behavior. :mad:

Truly though? the big losers here are Opus. They could have taken this opportunity WAY LONG AGO to part away their weather app from the camera app, equal their camera app to ezdok and then we could all get rid of ezdok, once and for all.

This is really holding the community back and I wish for the developer that will finally take notice and come up with a new add-on. Ezdok is on it's last legs. Another update from Microsoft or LM and it will stop working completely.

And btw, I don't get exhausted with add-ons all too quickly.. it's just really that bad when it comes to ezdok.

Yes it works perfectly. I installed it in this way:

1) run EMT in virtual FSX

2) insall ezca 1.15

3) run EZCA config FSX tool (automatic step)

4) install EZCA 1.17, .exe for fsx not beta for p3d 1.x, assure to run 1.17 for fsx

All works perfectly, I can't fly without it and trackir!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

no need for the estonia tool.

Worked for me with these prequisites:

*fsx in registry, pointed to p3dv2 folder

*i also have a duplicate of the p3d appdata with the exact same data, but prepared.cfg renamed fsx.cfg (\\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx)

*put text file, renamed fsx.exe in p3dv2 root folder

*install latest version ezca with flight1 installer

*patch to 1.17

*replace the ezca.exe with the beta one

*add lines as mentioned in the exe.dll (not sure if needed, but i did that in the fsx appdata folder also)

*start p3d, if done right ezca also starts

worked like that for me, with no problems at all.

For outside views add this to the relevant aircraft.cfg file under cameras

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

-Roland

The Estonia tool can help with only one thing and that is adding camera entries to aircraft. For all the rest of it, you don't need Estonia one second.

Jeez, guys. Ive tried and tried and can't seem to get Ezdok to work with V2.3.

Ive followed all the threads: with/without migrations tool, did all the updates, copied lines to the .exe file, yada yada ... it refuses to show up in the add-on menu.

Ive followed all the threads: with/without migrations tool, did all the updates, copied lines to the .exe file, yada yada ... it refuses to show up in the add-on menu.

Have you followed my steps with EMT?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Oh it works - did you read my post - well here it is again
==============================================================
What I did was download the latest wrapper from flight1 
- installed it with the latest Estonia tool when the program is installing it mentions fsx path dont worry it still installs into programs86 directory 

- when its done I did not run configurator 

- I downloaded 1.17 version from forums and installed it I dont think it asked to configure if it if it does close it 

- copy over the beta ezca.exe in your main ezca installed folder - its in programs86 - then launch configurator and let it do its thing - bam all working perfectly no adjustments of any kind - I am not using TIR

- Make sure you right mouse click exe's and install as administrator for all installs including any other programs you install

- Also I shut down Estonia tool before running the configurator and running P3D - EMT does not need to be used in legacy mode - it worked just fine after using it to install program

Here is a link to p3d beta exe

Half way down in post you will see a link to download it

3. Unrar this archive to  Program Files\EZCA folder

Now some have had problems getting it to work but first time I tried method above worked perfectly - if this does not work I would not have the tech savvy to help but worth giving it a try

Oh one more thing that might help as I always install it after a new pc build I install takeownership program and use it for my entire c: drive - here is the link to program

=================================================

REVISION:

Well in 2.3 had to add this to exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Rich Sennett

Hover ezdok on taskbar and check the thread I started earlier. Sounds like the same issue. Which win version do you use ?

Richard.. the xml bit is required for all versions of p3d. That's not special for 2.3. The reason why it doesn't work for some lays somewhere else, perhaps a little more intricate to solve.

Applying "take ownership" all over your drive is not a good advice as it can mess up windows default permissions. It's recommended to apply as less permission tweaks as possible.

Hover ezdok on taskbar and check the thread I started earlier. Sounds like the same issue. Which win version do you use ?

Richard.. the xml bit is required for all versions of p3d. That's not special for 2.3. The reason why it doesn't work for some lays somewhere else, perhaps a little more intricate to solve.

Applying "take ownership" all over your drive is not a good advice as it can mess up windows default permissions. It's recommended to apply as less permission tweaks as possible.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Maybe the user is not editing the xml file properly ?

As for rights I have been doing this for years and works flawlessly for me 

Rich Sennett

I have everything working pretty well. The only problem I have is that, while EZCA is fully functional in windowed mode, in fullscreen, none of the hotkeys seem to work.  Any one else have this problem?