Sign in to follow this  
RichBowman

Pause before TOD - Distance editing?

Afternoon all,

Just a quick one (I suspect it's a 'no' as it will be something buried away in the code) but is it possible to alter the distance before the Pause at TOD? For example, set the pause to something like 100nm before TOD?

Cheers,

Rich

I've always wished you could adjust how many miles from TOD to pause as well. I would prefer more time (miles) for preparation. Not a huge thing, but it would be nice if they could sneak that ability in there some day. You add a nice feature and people just want more, more, more. lol

Isn't it possible to do all the setup before you unpause?

Yes. I would rather not though. It's a bit like the other setup options that were moved into the FMC so that the simulator would not have to be paused while doing it. Not a big deal, but if I had the option of pausing further back from TOD I would do it. I'm probably 1 of 3 people who feel this way so it doesn't really matter.

I'm probably 1 of 3 people who feel this way so it doesn't really matter.

I also would like to be able to do so... 

There is one other thing (Columbo)... Depending on how long you've been away from the flight, the weather (winds) sometimes changes enough to alter your TOD point and you find yourself already late for your descent. And yes, you could disable any weather updates to get around that. ;)

FYI, just in case you happen to have/use it, Radar Contact (RC) has an option to pause the sim at a set distance from the destination.  I've been using it to pause at about 200nm out for many years.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE