Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Drag 'n Drop Flight Planner - preferably free!

When I create flight plans for FS Labs Concorde-X I can't use a conventional planner like PFPX. I need to avoid flying over land when supersonic. At the moment I'm using the inbuilt planner in FSX but it's a real pain adding custom waypoints.

When I had FS9 FS Navigator was great and I'm aware that there is a FSX version - FS Tramp. Is there a freeware alternative as I only create these routes occasionally.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can do that with PFPX, it's just more time-consuming.  I usually build my own routes when I use it.

sig01.png

Thanks Max. I'm in PFPX now and have the map view open. Whilst I can include a selected waypoint in my modified plan I can't find a way of adding a lat/lon such as N52° 30' W4° 00' which I would use as the ACCEL point. There's no other waypoint close enough.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Jim but I've discovered how to do it with PFPX. Route Editor and then use ATC Route (bottom left) to add custom waypoints. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

SkyVector is your answer. I use it for all my flights, then transfer my plan on Simbrief (equivalent to your PFPX) and then copy and paste in Aivlasoft that will save it into FSX and most of my add ons. In your case simply copy your route manually into PFPX. That may sound lengthy but it is not, actually this is rather fun. SkyVector is free, give it a try, you won't regret it.

Jean-Claude,

I appreciate your post but I have the solution in PFPX. I can just enter 5020N01000W and it's accepted as a waypoint.

When I posted my request I wasn't aware of this solution. Perhaps i should mark this as solved.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The route editor is great. You can also show routes and waypoints on the map, and then right-click any point on the list on the left and select what route to what waypoint.

sig01.png

I admire your enthusiasm for SkyVector.  :wink:  Concorde didn't fly conventional jet routes once it was cleared to FL600. No other aircraft was up there with it so it was assigned its own routes and could alter altitude as required to maintain Mach 2. In that respect it was unique amongst civilian airliners.

I am able to add these custom waypoints using PFPX so have no need for other software. :smile:

Incidentally, I see you have PFPX as a logo in your sig. Why are you not using that for your planning? Surely it's better than freeware?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I was talking about PFPX, Ray!  I use it all the time.  I very rarely use SkyVector, you have me confused with Jean-Claude! :P

sig01.png

Sorry Max. You never explicitly mentioned PFPX so I wrongly assumed you were another SkyVector fan. :Doh:

Yes, I'm discovering the wonders of the Route Editor. Marvellous! :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, I mentioned it in the very first reply to your topic! :P

I always build, or modify my own routes. It's a fun experience to re-plan the flight a couple of times to compare times and fuel burn. You learn quite fast the do's and don'ts to optimize your routes, I encourage you to do it often!

sig01.png

Well, I mentioned it in the very first reply to your topic! :P

In my rather pathetic defence that was 10 messages back. Not my finest hour! :(

I keep to PFPX suggested routes with subsonic aircraft but for Concorde a straight line avoiding land requires manual intervention. It's the first time I've used the route editor and it is a powerful tool.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather