Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Two major problems after re-installing FSX

I recently did a clean re-install of FSX.  This has led to two problems which I have not been able to resolve:

1.  After re-installing FSX, I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1).  But each time I attempt to load FSX (with SP1) I get a fatal error message at the splash screen and I have to close FSX down.  

After uninstalling SP1, FSX loads normally.  

But this leads to problem no. 2.

2. Once FSX loads, I go to the Free Flight Screen and attempt to select an aircraft.  At this point,  FSX freezes. My only option is to shut it down.

MY OS is Win7-64bit.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

Did you have the uiautimation.dll fix installed before and now you may need to do that fix again.

Have you checked your error log to see what the faulting module is?  I'll bet Jim is onto

something with the uiautimation.dll fix

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks both for response.

I resolved the issue regarding aircraft selection.  I can now select an aircraft and move it to a desired airport.

Logbook show no errors or problems.

Jim:  I placed uiautomationcore.dll (version 6.0.5840.16386) into my main fsx folder but FSX still has fatal error when loading, with SP1 installed.  I think this fix only works when you're in-flight and a menu selection crashes the sim.  It has no effect on fatal errors that occur while FSX is attempting to load.

I could fly FSX without SP1 but I don't want to do this because of the multicore support it provides.

There are a few different versions of the file.

We need more details, as stated.

Jim.  I just tried to load FSX again (with SP1) and got the fatal error message.  Then I immediately checked the windows event viewer and here's what it had:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/20/2014 12:18:57 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Pacific
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0a
Faulting module name: weather.dll, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643f2ad
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000e797
Faulting process id: 0x1208
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbcab865db193
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\weather.dll
Report Id: d4708915-289e-11e4-95b8-e0cb4e24dbc2
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-20T19:18:57.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>325585</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Pacific</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61355.0</Data>
    <Data>4643ee0a</Data>
    <Data>weather.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61355.0</Data>
    <Data>4643f2ad</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000e797</Data>
    <Data>1208</Data>
    <Data>01cfbcab865db193</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\weather.dll</Data>
    <Data>d4708915-289e-11e4-95b8-e0cb4e24dbc2</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Did you have the uiautimation.dll fix installed before and now you may need to do that fix again.

Have you checked your error log to see what the faulting module is?  I'll bet Jim is onto

something with the uiautimation.dll fix

Funny, I don't even have that file and mine runs great. As a matter of fact when I did have it, I experienced CTDs all the time. 

Have you done a search on "FSX weather.dll crash"? 

I saw one possible solution for going into your document folder and deleting the wx files. Better yet rename them and let FSX build new ones and see if that works...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Ric,

The dll fix is not for everyone, but it was a possibility before we had more information from the OP. Now he has a corrupt .wx file as Skewr has just noted.

I've located all of my wx files (Libraries\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

I'll delete them all and try to run FSX with SP1.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Hello sir, 

Having reinstalled fsx dozens of times due to a in game prob which is not yet fixed-however, if you dont have a dll issue, try a reinstall once again, prior to, again do a format for the section fsx, dowload a new sp2 & sp1- from MS, copy this to a stick or somewhere for any additional installs or leave on the desktop where its handy to find - install fsx- activate & run itrun it-install sp2 or acceleration, which is sp1 and sp2 combined plus a few xtra a/cs )  activate- should you then be wanting to use a server and fsinn- install fscuipe4 from peter dowson, then fsinn, which is now a two stage packet first copilot second install fsinn. Hope this helps. (  find that for fsx sp1 is not really necessary , but i feel sure member gurus might disagree with my opinion )

Well deleting the wx files didn't work.   

I guess I run FSX w/out SP1 until I can figure out how to resolve this issue.