Sign in to follow this  
ac798

AI blocking each other unable to taxi

Hi,

I'm having problems with the AI taxiing for takeoff or taxiing to gates, they just block each other when it comes to tight gates and taxiways, one is leaving the gate the other is taxiing to the next gate spot, one of them ends up vanishing. Is there a work around for these situations as they happen a lot on major airports. I have a screenshot for my example but I can't get it upload here. How do I upload a picture in the avsim forum, sorry if it's stupid but I don't find any attachments or whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

You have to host the pics externally and link them in your post.

AI ATC is not perfect and was not designed for additional traffic beyond the default load so this will sometimes happen. The solution is to just wait for one to time out and disappear. In FSX we have some AI zapper programs, but I can't remember if FS9 has any. One possibility is the traffic tool box for fs9.

Ok thank you very much. I guess I'll change the airport layout a bit. Will check that tool as well.

One possibility is the traffic tool box for fs9.

That's right. Traffic Toolbox allows to delete or even redirect AI. The other solution could be reducing traffic itensity.

Bernard