Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

Two questions regarding ATIS and voices

Love this addon but there are some things I'd like to ask:

1. How exactly do you request a temporary frequency change for listening to the destination ATIS? For example, when I'm tuned to Vienna Center, and I want to listen to Innsbruck ATIS, what would be the exact phraseology?

2. Where can I get additional voices that are actually working for free? While googling I found some TTS voices but after installing they don't appear in the voice selection menu and not even in MS text-to-speech properties.

Well actually it's simple you preety much answered your own question. For example <your callsign> request temporary frequency change to Innsbruck ATIS 126.025, and that's it, once you are done listening to ATIS you tune back to Vienna Center and report back on frequency. 

As for the voices, there are some free voices on Vox Atc site called Vox Pop voices. Check them out if you didn't allready. I have those and some paid voices and they work great.

Hello Raz2214, I already have voxpop voices installed, they're ok but also sound quite strange at times, even disturbing. I don't want to pay for additional voices like ivona or cereproc etc, too expensive for my taste.

Thanks for your help on the ATIS ^_^

You are welcome. Glad it helped :) 

I have to agree they do sound weird sometimes when they try to pronounce certain words, but i got used to it. I use the voxpop voices for the AI pilots (i like the way the static filter sounds and adds to the immersion) as for the ATC voices i use some older TTS voices i had. Some fit the way a radio transmission would sound like and some are too clear.

It would have been awesome if i could add a static filter to all of them so they could sound like they are talking over the radio but i don't mind it too much.