Sign in to follow this  
orcunizma

Getting a new system for FSX

Hey,

since my PC is outdated and I hardly get over 20 fps at medium settings I think I need a new system :P

So I thought about this one...

i7-4790K @ 4,4 GHz each core

2x 8 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport

3072 MB NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti, Gainward Phant.

2000 GB SATA III, 7.200

250 GB SATA III Samsung 840 Series EVO SSD

Windows 7 HP 64 bit

What do you think? Any suggestions? Mainly just for FSX. Thanks for help.

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

That system will fly, literally.

My system(see updated specs) is currently, as I fly the PMDG 777-300ER en route to LEMD(Madrid Barajas Aerosoft) giving me FPS 60-80 that I never ever saw before.

Rest assured, you will have no worries. Go for it.

Looks like a pretty good system to me

Thanks for your suggestion :good:

That system will fly, literally.

My system(see updated specs) is currently, as I fly the PMDG 777-300ER en route to LEMD(Madrid Barajas Aerosoft) giving me FPS 60-80 that I never ever saw before.

Rest assured, you will have no worries. Go for it.

Are you running in DirectX 10 or 9?

Do I install both FSX and the O/S in the SSD? Or O/S in the HDD and just FSX alone in the SSD? How did you do it?

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin

That will be an awesome system for FSX.  You won't need more than 8GB.  No sense paying for what you will never use.  Are you building the system yourself?  If so, I recommend following NickN's setup guides including the one on building a Haswell system for FSX.

Put the OS on the HDD and FSX alone on the SSD.

You won't believe how fun FSX can be without having to tweak all the time.  Have fun!

Randall

Running DX11

I've installed both the OS and FSX on the same SSD drive. I wish I could have attached a screenshot here but as I do not know how to do it, cannot. Landed at Aerosoft's Madris Barajas, and was astonished to see 37-45FPS compared to the old rig. I for one, feel chuffed that I made the move to the 4th Generation Intel chip.

... FSX does not run DX11... :huh:

You probably mean DX9 (although the PC is certainly capable of DX11..)

Re the OP.. I would also suggest 2X4 GB of fast RAM and putting both the OS and FSX on the SSD, at least initially.

As you need more space, get a second SSD for FSX, and keep the HDD for data storage.

Bert

FSX does not run DX11... :huh:

You are most probably correct, Bert, as all I did was check which version was on the system. Not sure if I saw something referring to DX10 when installing the 777 though.

My upgraded system is very similar to yours, but I used 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD and a GTX 770.  It runs FSX great (I do not use DX10 mode) with PMDG, Majestic, FSDT, FlightBeam, ASN and FTX Global add ons.

Stephen Forsgren

Thanks for all the replies, good to hear good things about it ^_^

That will be an awesome system for FSX.  You won't need more than 8GB.  No sense paying for what you will never use.  Are you building the system yourself?  If so, I recommend following NickN's setup guides including the one on building a Haswell system for FSX.

Put the OS on the HDD and FSX alone on the SSD.

You won't believe how fun FSX can be without having to tweak all the time.  Have fun!

Randall

It's been sold as it is by the company which I choose because of the overclocking and 2 years guarantee on it.

... FSX does not run DX11... :huh:

Re the OP.. I would also suggest 2X4 GB of fast RAM and putting both the OS and FSX on the SSD, at least initially.

As you need more space, get a second SSD for FSX, and keep the HDD for data storage.

Just one last thing, is it okay if I would put the O/S in the HDD and just FSX alone in the SSD? Does it matter much except loading times in Windows? Don't have enough money for a 2nd SSD.

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin

I would do like Bert says, put both on SSD. If you run out of room for FSX you can simply put the addons on the other HHD.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

AffinityMask to be set at 252? Hyperthreading is on, is this value correct to reach the best performance?

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin