Sign in to follow this  
Robin MacLaurin

Aircraft Initialization failure do328Jet Midwest

Hi I've tried to return to Fs9 using Windows 7 professional O/S I got the da;r;n thing to load and it ran briefly and I downloaded some aircraft which showed up on the A/C list then tried the addon scenery route did the run as a administrator stuff and had plenty of frustration trying to get the addon scenery to work without much success. I had to delete the program because something was making the program unstable. I thought I'll just reinstall the sucker, Ha not so! I tried three(3) times and each time I get this damn message " Aircraft Initalization failure do328jet Midwest", microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" Now I deleted this aircraft from the aircraft list, took the a/c out of the files left over and still I get the message and can't run FS9! Has some kind soul have any ideas how I can get the damn program to work again!! Thanks in advance  Robin

You are getting that message because that plane is called out in your default flight.

Reinstalling FS does not delete any saved flights or the FS9.cfg, where the default flight is called out, unless you do it manually.

Make a new default flight and the message will go away.

As for adding scenery, watch this- FSX-W7-adding-scenery.mov - YouTube

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

As Joe pointed to, when you do have problems and feel the need to re install FS9 you need to manually remove some files and folders that a FS9 uninstall leaves behind and may actually be the source of you problem, again, as Joe has pointed out.

Regards,

Hi,

in addition to what Joe and Mel have recommended, I never would set another situation than the default one (stock Cessna 172 in Seattle) as new default flight. It's not only that the new default flight might require an airplane you haven't installed anymore; you may also run into trouble when default flights with very complex aircrafts (in my example: the Dreamfleet 727) are preloaded.

Even if you stay with the MS default flight as default flight, you can still select other flights from the start menue of FS2004 - you won't be forced to load up the Cessna at KSEA each and every time you start FS2004.

In the fs9.cfg, you can check which default flight is set in your FS2004 under the [uSERINTERFACE] section. It should read:

SITUATION=[your FS2004 directory]\flights\other\fltsim.

So check if this fs9.cfg entry shows one of your personal saved flights instead of "fltsim" (I'm not sure if the directory path is the same for every installation of FS2004). If unsure, you can make a backup of your fs9.cfg to save your settings, delete the original fs9.cfg and start FS2004 to build a new one. FS2004 should start now. Afterwards, you can edit the new fs9.cfg carefully with your settings regarding graphics, wheather, terrain settings...

Good luck,

Harald

P.S. I would really like to know who came around and rated this topic 1 star again...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yeah and welcome back to FS9!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg