Sign in to follow this  
Matchew1982

FSX OOM Killing me

Hi guys I recently got a new system and getting OOM message and never had if on my other system, I have added FTX Global and Vector to my collection is scenery and also added ASN and UT2, on top of them I have all the FTX AU Regions, Blue, Gold, Green, Red and FTX airports YBBN, YMML, YSCB, YBCS, also PMDG 737 NGX which I fly around all these airports.

My system specs are

Intel I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz on each 4 cores hyper threading off

GTX 780 3gig

Samsung 840 series 250Gig SSD drive

Z97 MSI gaming Mother board

Memory 2 x 4gig DDR3 2400mhz Ram

850watt power supply

H105 cooler

27inch LG LED monitor running at 1920 x 1080

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

I have increased my virtual memory space in windows from 8000 to 16000 thinking it would help also using Steve Dx10 fix been running in DX10 preview mode to see of it helps

I have reduced my sliders in FSX scenery Autogen very dense and scenery very dense all other sliders are FTX recommended, I recently put Active sky next and Ulitimate traffic 2 and I am maybe thinking that it's UT2 that's causing it but I have had OOM with UT2 traffic at 0% on weekly and Daily set to 0% and traffic In FSX all set to 0% but UT2 still activates at the start up of FSX which I think maybe still doing something.

When I fly in Australia I have FTX central set to Oceania only so FTX Global is not active also vector, I know my machine is very much capable of running these scenery and add on software

Just want to know if anyone has had problems with UT2 or a same PC set up as mine with scenery add ons and was getting OOM messages and how they where fixed, Seems to happen after about 1.5hrs to 2hrs of flight time

Any help would be appreciated very frustrating after building this new machine and suddenly I get these OOM messages but didn't get it on my old system.

Thanks

Matt

These are some of the things I have done to prevent OOMS for me. The biggest culprit was AI traffic. DX10 is the first step to saving you from OOMs. Second step, remove AI traffic to around 10-15% if you have a high end PC. I used to suffer with PMDG 777, AI traffic between 25-30% and Orbx regions with add on airports and FSDT KLAX. Now when I land. VAS around 3.7, the max 3.85. Pretty high I know but it is about the OOM that actually matters. My FSX can be at 4 GB and no OOM message. That only happens with DX10 and a 64bit CPU. So anyway remove all AI traffic, you can maybe keep GA but commercial needs to go unless you want to stay at default airports. Second DX10 and third look at some sections in my CFG. Before I could only run 4.5 LOD to save me from some OOMs. Now I can run 5.5 Just landed at FSDT KLAX with 5.5. VAS at 3.7 with GSX and PMDG 777. I made this sound confusing I know but for the last time I will go over the points. 1. NO MORE AI TRAFFIC, well above 15% really. DX10 with free fixes, DX10 Fixer is not available and we are not allowed to share it those who purchased. I was lucky and got it before. 3rd. The parts in my CFG have all contributed to no more OOMs. Also one thing to avoid is running ORBX regions like FTX england with UK2000 heathrow. That is the bane of FSX. Those two addons should never be used with high settings and PMDG aircraft. You should basically quit FSX before you land. So try out these things in your CFG and tell me how they worked out. 

[GRAPHICS]

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

D3D10=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

ForceFullScreenVSync=0

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

MultiSampleQuality=0

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

NUM_LIGHTS=8

See_Self=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

Text_Scroll=1

[TERRAIN]

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

BATCH_AUTOGEN2=1

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

LOD_RADIUS=5.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=90

MESH_RESOLUTION=25

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

WATER_EFFECTS=4

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=9

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1

FreewayDensity=14

GADensity=6

IFROnly=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=3

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=4

Dane Quartel 

Dane,

1. He is using DX10

2. He has all AI Traffic set to 0% both in UT2 and in FSX.

Matt,

Start with Auto Gen off and test. Then jump that up one notch until you have OOMs.

Dane so u changed your LOD from 4.5 to 5.5 and it helped mate is that correct it stopped the OOM messages ?, What are your sliders in FSX set too Dane ?

Also the FSX.cfg entries u have listed below your comment I just copy and paste them or do I have to go threw and delete each section and replace them with yours or will it just override the ones in the FSX.cfg folder

Dane so u changed your LOD from 4.5 to 5.5 and it helped mate is that correct it stopped the OOM messages ?, What are your sliders in FSX set too Dane ?

Also the FSX.cfg entries u have listed below your comment I just copy and paste them or do I have to go threw and delete each section and replace them with yours or will it just override the ones in the FSX.cfg folder

LOD 4.5 reduces your chance to get the OOM. I changed to 5.5 because I am able to without suffering the OOM. The CFG entries, I recommend you copy and paste and remember to backup your CFG in case they do not work. I think the entries I provided will adjust your sliders so they will be the ones I use, but I will still put the picture showing you my sliders. Getting the OOM message in your flight could mean an addon is causing a memory leak. FTX vector has been reported to cause a leak. Unless you are flying addon airports constantly I do not understand why OOMs are occurring for you an hour or so in your flight. One thing I do is de-select airports I will not be using and scenery and only select those I will be using. Like EGLL to KJFK. Only enable heathrow and New York and it works pretty well. Try to find the free DX10 fixes since the fixer is not available now. I think they pretty much do the same thing as the fixer but you do all the stuff. Hopefully this link will take you to the picture. http://tinypic.com/r/k1e1v/8

My weather is at 60 miles in FSX. 60 - 80 in active sky next. 

Dane Quartel 

Thanks Dane I have purchased the DX10 fixer from Steve I was one of the lucky ones too, I will try and set LOD to 5.5 and see if that helps me, I will also give your FSX.cfg a go I will probably other than that wipe my windows clean and start from scratch adding all of my addons 1 by 1 and flying and see which one finally tips me over OOM

It's really frustrating after spending all this cash on new system and getting this error wish FSX was coded for 64bit but hey we can only dream, Might just do all the FTX au scenery first and add on airports and fly and see what happens.

LOD=5.5 does not help.. it makes it more critical than 4.5  (as the above post actually says..)

If you want it to help, reduce it to 3.5.

Bert

- reduce LOD to default ( 4.5 ) . Each 0.5 up is costing you lots of VAS

- reduce autogen

- use water at 1x low in cloudy weather. There is no sunreflections with an overcast so 2x is not needed then

- when flying a jet set mesh to 70% and 10m. Higher is nice for VFR

- AI traffic aircraft 10-15%

- no car/boat traffic

- DX10

- Clouds 60 mls

- No aicraft or ground object shadows

Start with this and check your VAS while flying.

In this way you can work your way up to just before getting an OOM.

Good luck

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Guys what's a good program to monitor my vas usage to see what it causing so I can narrow down the add on or program doing it ?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

FSUIPC has the ablility to send a ping noise when your FSX reaches above 3.7GB i think. It recommends you save your flight and quit FSX. 

Dane Quartel 

Thanks Pete will download it and have a look at what is causing it, Is it easy to see what is causing the leak or using too much VAS on that program do u think I will be able to identify the problem add on or program ?

No worries Dane I don't really want to have to quit and re start all the time want to try and find a problem as I never had problem with OOM in the past, I thinks it's either ASN,UT2,FTX Global, FTX Vector

Dane also is that all the tweaks u have in your FSX.cfg the section that u showed me out of your FSX.cfg or have u done the Boytoes FSX.cfg tweaked too ?