Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Goodbye FSX/P3D/XP a new Flight Simulator is in the house

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

I should rephrase, FSX/P3D/XP will only be used as 'scenery generators' from now on. Systems, logic, weather, ATC, and all the other complicated affairs will be taken over by Aerowinx. 

Back to the cave reading the 600 page manual, whew :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

FSX/P3D/XP will only be used as 'scenery generators' from now on.

They'll be back flying aircraft soon enough :lol:

This looks interesting. Just been reading their website. Let us know what you think when you get it up and running.

Aerowinx's PSX is a fantastic product...

But if I'd like to purchase it...it would cost me $409 US...sooo...little pricey.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

I should rephrase, FSX/P3D/XP will only be used as 'scenery generators' from now on. Systems, logic, weather, ATC, and all the other complicated affairs will be taken over by Aerowinx. 

Back to the cave reading the 600 page manual, whew :)

Ok, let me get this straight...  For $409 you get a 2D sim with less than stellar graphics, less than a 3rd of the airports modeled the 744 actually flies to, and ATC/AI without the dynamic options we currently have for airports we fly to (airlines modeled throughout the world thanks to our AI community).  Something is not adding up here.  With PMDG's version FS9/FSX and later P3D you get so much more outside of the simulated 744, you get the whole world.  Unless one has a full functioning Level-D setup at home with hydraulics this makes no since.   :blink:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have heard occasionally that graphics are overrated. This might be right up the alley of a pure systems enthusiast......?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't know about Aerowinx for a computer, but if it was ever developed for a tablet it would be brilliant!  Plus I would think a newer gen tablet could handle it.

I will give early impressions later on...right now I am having too much fun playing around!

Wow!

Dillon -- If graphics is a problem you can always plug in P3D/X-Plane/FSX as your scenery as I mentioned before. 

Funny you mention hydraulics, I visited an enthusiast today who is using PSX on his 747 motion sim :)

This software is geared more towards the professional market, it simulates EVERYTHING about the 747. You can pull out circuit breakers and the appropriate failure will occur. 

I've setup a quick 2 LCD monitor + projector and it works great! The plan is to eventually setup a *proceedural* flat (touch) screen trainer. Graphics don't matter so much, and yes, it works with Vatsim/IVAO. 

Here is a quick screen shot of my current setup (sorry not really focused, and yes that is P3D 2.3 I am using for the scenery) --

photo.jpg

And yes, there is a working full blown collins weather radar!

Not a very clever post to be stoking the flames causing a PSX v FSX ... war. Pretty immature, as simmers will choose a sim that suits their requirements.

David Porrett

I don't know about Aerowinx for a computer, but if it was ever developed for a tablet it would be brilliant!  Plus I would think a newer gen tablet could handle it.

Hi dighost, a suitable spec computer/tablet that can run java can run PSX.

Regards.

The point with PSX is probably being missed here. The software is targeted for professional FBT and airline operators. The depth of systems modeling in PSX goes WELL beyond what PMDG does or even attempts to do - and bear in mind, PMDG got its start doing Operations and Flight Manuals for the original Aerowinx PS1 :-) well back in 1997 (I still have mine). 

A quick look at the threads on the Aerowinx website will demonstrate what I talking about (go to the thread about idle disagreement... the modeling in PSX situations goes deep - the way down to whether or not the correct circuit breakers are in / out, etc.).

The fact that the Aerowinx support community have come up with ways to project the visuals out the window on FSX/P3D and so on is just the icing on the cake. I have both the PMDG 744 and now PSX on my machine. I work with the 744 every day, so for me, PSX is a real treat, but that does not in any way diminish what I love about PMDG's stuff. 

Not a very clever post to be stoking the flames causing a PSX v FSX ... war. Pretty immature, as simmers will choose a sim that suits their requirements.

My apologies if my post was taken to 'stroke a flame war', that was not the original intent; each simulator (FSX/P3D/XP) has its strengths and weaknesses and I will continue to use each one alongside with PSX. 

My apologies if my post was taken to 'stroke a flame war', that was not the original intent; each simulator (FSX/P3D/XP) has its strengths and weaknesses and I will continue to use each one alongside with PSX.

Sorry if I came across harsh. It's just that over the years I've learned that simmers are very "territorial" about their respective sims. Although not intended these types of threads easily go south as people protect their respective turf. I share your enthusiasm - I have them all and I have been travelling for 2 weeks and my copy of PSX is waiting for me when I get home!

David Porrett

Systems wise it looks superb, but built more for actual physical cockpit sims. 3d cockpit is pretty important if you are on a single computer with almost no hardware.

Systems wise it looks superb, but built more for actual physical cockpit sims. 3d cockpit is pretty important if you are on a single computer with almost no hardware.

Hi Nathan, PSX allows you to switch between different panels (which you can specific) with a click of the keyboard, or using the mouse.

There are a few real world pilots which I have spotted on the aerowinx forum who are doing this and practicing procedures on their laptop.

I've only used PSX for a few hours but my initial impression is positive. The software starts in seconds and I can load multiple instances (server and clients) all running at 70 FPS. I have only set it up on one computer at there moment with 4 video outputs and running it in conjunction with P3D and it continues to be smooth.

I am amazed this complex software is programmed in Java allowing you to run it on a mac, Linux, windows or any OS which can run the java binaries.

The software itself is a complete package and it just 'works'.

I have not tried the dispatcher or ACARS feature next but that will be next.

Yes it is expensive, but not as expensive as some other avionics suites - and for what you get - a complete 747 modelling, well worth the value.