Sign in to follow this  
Mischa

Realair Legacy and Duke V2 in P3D v2.3 with full sound

A lot of people miss the full extended sounds in P3D for both aircrafts. To get all these sounds back for the Legacy and Duke V2 you only have to replace the sound gauge for both planes. I don't use any migration tool.

Here are the steps to get them back fully working :

1. Install the Duke and the Legacy

2. Download the dsd_fsx_xml_sound_v520 archive from Doug Dawsons's homepage

3. Unzip the archive into a temporary directory

4. Make backups from RASDuke_Sound.gau and RASLegacy_Sound.gau in your gauges directory

5. Copy the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau from the temporary folder into the gauges directory and rename it to RASDuke_Sound.gau

6. Copy the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau from the temporary folder into the gauges directory and rename it to RASLegacy_Sound.gau

7. Start P3D and enjoy both airplanes....

I have tested it in P3D v2.3 and it works perfect.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Sorry, forget to post the link to the homepage of Doug. Here is the LINK

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

You have just convinced me to upgrade to P3D, I was sitting on the fence because of this issue with the RA Duke v2. As this appears to be a fix, P3d here I come!

Thanks for the solution.

The same version of the gauge is in the library here as well.

Doug

Wow.. This worked like a charm.   Thank you!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone got this to work in P3d 2.4?  I tried this tonight but did not get the sounds working and received a vpatch error - no suitable patches were found (two actually, maybe one for each gauge?).

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just so everyone is aware, I did shutdown this topic so I could do some research for a possible EULA for the Duke 60 V2. I could find none . I did find a comment from one of the developers here - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426829-realair-beech-duke-v2-and-p3dv2/page-3#entry2935513 and there's no indication he is against putting the Duke 60 in P3D but indicates there could be a lot of problems and advises everyone wait for the P3D version. Just thought I would throw these comments into the topic as there has been some concern in the past that there is a EULA and discussions are prohibited but, again, I could find none. If one is ever found, this topic will definitely be removed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was under the impression that Rob and Sean were cool about people using the RealAir Beechcraft Duke B60 version 2 in P3D? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Where did you get that impression Christopher?  I'm not going to play police officer for every commercial product on the market but, if there is a license agreement that comes with a product, AVSIM is going to comply with the developers EULA.  It's as plan and simple as that.  We are not going to encourage violating licensing agreements when they become known by allowing individuals to post comments that are in violation of any agreements.  I have seen in other posts where members have indicated there is a EULA that violates a RealAir EULA and I wanted to make it known that I could find none.  Hopefully this clarifies my post for you.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's pretty obvious from the post that you have linked to that Rob has no problem with people using RealAir products in P3D. He doesn't mention anything about an EULA, but his comments seem clear enough to me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

With full install of 2.4, not update, I use 2.0 with no sound problems. Just did as 1st instructed in this thread.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I also noticed that when I get the vpatch errors the two gauge files are also renamed to add ".backup" to the end of the file?  No idea what's going on here...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Has anyone successfully got the Realair Lancair Legacy to fully work under P3D v2.5 with this method?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That would be amazing.  I have missed flying my Legacy!  I check realair's website daily as I believe it will be one of the next ones they port over.  I just hope they get it done before the next version of P3d drops.