Sign in to follow this  
Flying Penguin

Download Vs DVD - UK Expansion

All,

I've been evaluating Vox over the last few days and I'm a bit confused over the various versions there seem to be.  On the Vox website there is only one version, which apparently uses correct ATC phraseology for the UK (and the demo seems to be using the correct departure phrases and transition altitude), but I can see DVDs for sale of V6 that reference a UK expansion, something which is completely absent on the Vox site.

So I guess my question is, given the download version seems to be using UK phrases, what is the current difference  between the versions and what is there (other than retail distribution costs) that justifies the doubling of the price?

Thanks,

Jamie

The DVD version sold by R C Simulations contains VoxATC and VoxATC UK which follows specifically the procedures in CAP 413 which makes it very suitable for real world UK pilots to practice with. The disk also has 2 male and 2 female AT&T voices ( worth 100$ ) which makes it a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the replies, looks like it's something I should get my hands on.

Unfortunately postage and customs would most likely wipe out the saving of buying from the US (the Royal Mail handling fee just for collecting customs duty is about 16-18 pounds, never mind the postage or the import duty!)

For what it is worth, the US version does not contain the UK expansion pack and any saving is also negated by carriage and VAT. Most US customers would probably not require the UK expansion anyway.

When buying the DVD you get a version 6 reg code.  You would then download the newest version and use the reg code.  You never use the old version.

Tom