Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Additional Flight forum focused on development

I have been working with several of the devs over at fsdeveloper.com on getting scenery into Flight.  They set up a new forum for people interested in developing content for Flight to have discussions.  Hoopefully being on a developer focused forum will get more experts from Flight Simulator interested in working on Flight.  I will still visit here a lot especially to offer support for the tools and discuss the end user facing topics.  If you have addon development related questions, feel free to contribute over there.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/microsoft-flight.145/

Thanks, Stonelance.   Mention to the developers that they are more than welcome to post here too.  It's great to see you and several of the other members working so hard to keep this great little sim going.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Impressive! Lots of great info there Stone! Must check out asap! :lol:

See y'a there!

Very interesting!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just to keep you all updated... :lol:

Down at the Dev Zone!

Dick (AND Steve) have gotten into some useful stuff! Check out the new imported scenery!

Thanks again Steve for the dedication. All of your posts at the site are very informative!

Unbelievable.  This is one of the things that got a lot of belly aching when Flight was released (limited areas).  Can you imagine the entire FSX world available in Flight?

Outstanding work fellows. Thank you for your endeavor.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Very interesting stuff, just hope us normal folk can use it someday. But things are looking up. Nice screen shots by the way, I got my PPL at lake Geneva Wisconsin, near Lake Lawn, flew in there many times in the RW.

Steve

Unbelievable.  This is one of the things that got a lot of belly aching when Flight was released (limited areas).  Can you imagine the entire FSX world available in Flight?

I've been keeping track...........

I just hope that it doesn't really end up with Flight using FSX ground textures, which I would take as a step back.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just hope that it doesn't really end up with Flight using FSX ground textures, which I would take as a step back.......

Flight doesn't have equivalent textures for a lot of the FSX landclasses. Unless you make your own, using the FSX textures for areas without existing textures is pretty much your only alternative, unless Flight1 (GEX) or Orbx (FTX) start developing for Flight.

And a step back from where, anyhow? Would you rather continue with not having additional scenery?

I would actually root for Orbx  :ph34r:

Devons rig

It's just a matter of expanding the stock horizons that we have.

The good news is that if Dovetail "rebuilds" and tweaks the new Steam Edition of FSX.. we will have better ground textures since Flight1 will be joining Dovetail to produce some quality content... You can read all about that here.

Yup! We think that we may have a lead from this... It will be useful to carry on and add to the scenery. Probably by starting out with just the default scenery for FSX...then third-party scenery..then payware.

I would actually root for Orbx  :ph34r:

But then everything would be overly green. :blink:

Brandon Filer

But then everything would be overly green. :blink:

That's going to be a matter of taste, but somebody out there must be buying the Orbx stuff............

I stopped buying years ago (it was an endless task, and I realized I was buying places that I never actually visited that much) but given a choice between default FSX and ORBX.........

I could stomach Orbx world, even if just for the lights!!

One of the attractions of Flight, especially in multiplayer, was going in groups to scenic areas unmatched by default FSX. For some, trading a bigger earth for a step back (or at very best, sideways) texture-wise might well be worth it, but I myself would be pretty conflicted. Those 2006 era textures would not be a draw unless I knew they were very temporary......

Devons rig