Sign in to follow this  
mike2060

Anyone else get these slow loading object textures when looking around?

AgrnrlI.jpg

Textures seem to be cleared from VRAM when not in view, then when I go to look around I get black textures until they load in a couple of seconds later. This is really immersion breaking. I haven't seen anyone else mention this which is really surprising to me. I get this even when P3D is only using around 2GB of my 3GB of VRAM so I don't believe it has to do with running low on VRAM.

Hey mike... did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm experiencing the same at one or two add on sceneries whereas the majority are fine. Can't seem to find the cause though and why it only affects certain sceneries.

Darren Morris

I solved this by including TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 and TextureMaxLoad=30 in my prepar3d.cfg. I have a GTX 780ti so you might have to adjust the values

A good practice is , when starting the flight, do a complete slow 360 degree pan with the hat switch. This loads the video buffers and helps a bit when you look around.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Many thanks for the replies, will try some new bandwidth settings tonight.

Darren Morris

Worked like a charm, many thanks mike. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at those figures? Did you increase them until the textures loaded instantly or until you began to experience side effects? Or something completely different?

Also do you run unlimited frames or fixed?

I'm interested to know as I think i need to back off on the numbers a bit as it has introduced some minor stutters that were not there beforehand. My gpu is not quite so powerful as yours (nvidia 670) so I would expect the values to be lower.

I also have affinity mask and fiber fraction tweaks in my cfg and these may also be having an impact, so there may be some balancing to be done between these tweaks.

Darren Morris

Worked like a charm, many thanks mike. I'd be interested to know how you arrived at those figures? Did you increase them until the textures loaded instantly or until you began to experience side effects? Or something completely different?

Also do you run unlimited frames or fixed?

I'm interested to know as I think i need to back off on the numbers a bit as it has introduced some minor stutters that were not there beforehand. My gpu is not quite so powerful as yours (nvidia 670) so I would expect the values to be lower.

I also have affinity mask and fiber fraction tweaks in my cfg and these may also be having an impact, so there may be some balancing to be done between these tweaks.

I read that the max value for  TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is 400. Try lower numbers (like 160 or 80) and see if that helps any stutters.