Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Announcing SIMconfigBackup by Capt_Pero

Another piece of useful Flightsimulation tools in on the way and will be availible soon. The software tool is named “SIMconfigBackup”. Since I installed a scenery and my scenery.cfg was reorderd I was searching for a tool, which did a fast backup of all my relevant files of my flight simulator. I did not found anything and created my own…

It’s not to create a backup of all files of the simulator never the less the important configuration files… ;O)

Features:

• Automatic creation of backup-Sets which includes all relevant simulator config files
  • Files can be added or removed from Backup-Set
  • Restore files from different backups
  • English & German language support

Screenshots:

SIMconfigBackup_preview_pic01-150x150.pn SIMconfigBackup_preview_pic02-150x150.pn

It would be very helpful, if people which are using FS9 or P3Dv1.4 could write me an personal message, because I need some informations about file paths and so on... FSX and P3Dv2 are already implemented...

If anyone would like to add another important file out of the box, feel free to answer.

Do you need such tool? ;O)

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

A tool would be useful.  I personally backup mine regularly and manually, or set to do so in my Norton 360 backup.

But I can see how for some this would be useful.

Don't forget to possibly include saved flights (quite possibly some folks have their flight plans here as well.

C:\Users\xxx name xxxx\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Don't forget to possibly include saved flights (quite possibly some folks have their flight plans here as well.

C:\Users\xxx name xxxx\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Good idea!

Version 1.0 of SIMconfigBackup is released now!

In addition to my first post of the features, you're able to add files via "wildcard filter". That means you can add all your aircraft.cfg's to a backup by searching for "aircraft.cfg" at Startingpoint "<YOUR SIM>\SimObjects\Airplanes\"

Will be very helpful to make a backup in front of an installation or update... ;O)

Download will be found on my website: http://aviation.pero-online.de