Sign in to follow this  
tsa737

Tropicalsim airports

Does anyone use tropicalsim airports? If so does it make a big fps hit, and are the terminals depicted nicely?

rob

TropicalSim are a bit 'average' in my opinion.   Around the same level as earlier Imagine Sim airports.   Not as good as LatinVFR and nowhere near as good as FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate etc.

The TropicalSim airports that I have (3 I believe) don't have much of a FPS hit, so they're good in that regard.         Terminals and main buildings are generally accurate, but colours etc can be a bit off.

They do a decent job with sceneries that often are not done by anyone else.  i don't find their airports to be particularly hard on frames.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

TropicalSim are a bit 'average' in my opinion.   Around the same level as earlier Imagine Sim airports.   Not as good as LatinVFR and nowhere near as good as FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate etc.

The TropicalSim airports that I have (3 I believe) don't have much of a FPS hit, so they're good in that regard.         Terminals and main buildings are generally accurate, but colours etc can be a bit off.

very diplomatic +1

If your referring to the sale they are having here   I would say that the sale price should be the normal price.

Frame rates are not overly harsh

Edited by firehawk44
Removed sales link that goes to Bargain Hunter's Shack Forum.

ZORAN

They do a decent job with sceneries that often are not done by anyone else.  i don't find their airports to be particularly hard on frames.

I agree! They are improving their products and their more recent releases are actually pretty good in my opinion(although not quite Fly Tampa standard), especially the series of Azores airports and Porto. Many of their earlier Caribbean airport products however are 'average' in terms of texture quality of buildings etc.

Bill

What about Washington National (KDCA) ? It gets good reviews on SimMarket. Does anyone here have it?

What about Washington National (KDCA) ? It gets good reviews on SimMarket. Does anyone here have it?

KDCA is of reasonably good quality but again the textures utilised in the modelling of the buildings could be better - however it has been the only version of this airport available for FSX so I use it and I am happy with it. Another pretty good one which I didn't mention in the previous post is Trieste, Italy. As I said, the more recent the product the better - but don't expect Fly Tampa! I notice they are on sale at the moment too but sadly I have all the ones I want!

Bill

Thanks Bill. Trieste might be interesting - especially as the same sale has a couple of airports from Skyhighsim - Belgrade and Tivat - that would be good to fly to/from Trieste. The video for Tivat is very nicely done.

Thanks Bill. Trieste might be interesting - especially as the same sale has a couple of airports from Skyhighsim - Belgrade and Tivat - that would be good to fly to/from Trieste. The video for Tivat is very nicely done.

I actually bought the three Skyhighsim airports a couple of weeks ago. Belgrade and Tivat are actually very nice and very good value and although Osijek is modelled very well too, it is a very small airport without the interesting approach of Tivat. They all seem to fit in very well with FTX Global and OpenLC EUR too if you have them.

Bill

If you like the Caribbean consider Taxi2Gate St. Vincent and St. Lucia.  Very well priced as a bundle.  Just bought them and they are terrific.

Randall

I actually bought the three Skyhighsim airports a couple of weeks ago. Belgrade and Tivat are actually very nice and very good value and although Osijek is modelled very well too, it is a very small airport without the interesting approach of Tivat. They all seem to fit in very well with FTX Global and OpenLC EUR too if you have them.

Bill

Thanks again for your reply, Bill. I was briefly distracted by the concurrent Earth Sim sale, but having read more on various forums (both good and bad), I think I'll stick with the Adriatic/Balkan options. Good to hear of your positive experiences with Belgrade and Tivat. Cheers.