Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Start up crashing to desktop...might be this...

...have you had a session where you type in your airport code...then drop down and pick a particular parking spot in the airport scenery that you like...and just before the shaders bring it all together, you get a CTD....well...it just might be this..:

Because you have A.I. activated in the sim...and because you picked a parking spot to plunk down onto as the airport is initializing...AND...if you have crash detection enabled, you might be having a crash-box issue, OR...you have an A.I. plane being allocated to that position, and both of you can not be there...so with crash detection on...wham...crash....possible CTD as P3D doesn't know what to do about it.  Probably though, you hit the infamous crash-box scenario

What I have learned to do...is an added step....because P3D can be pretty wanky on this..:  My solution is to always pick my start at the active runway. When the airport is post SHADER built....and everything is stabilized, I then just 'Y' it, over to where I would like to actually start...and then away I go, from a cold dark cockpit.

Because you will always be the ONLY object at the numbers of any active runway....and usually no crash-box limits are at that x/y coordinates, you will be about as CTD-free as you can be...for when you play the next round of Post-Shader Airport Initialize Poker...

Keep your hand, Ace high.... :lol:

You'd think that any AI plane would be removed from the spot when you tell the sim you want to start from there...? I never had this problem because I don't use AI but also because for a few months already I ALWAYS take off from where I landed previously (I always save the flight after shutting down and then load it the next time) so the spot I am parking on always is MINE and mine alone.  ^_^

You'd think that any AI plane would be removed from the spot when you tell the sim you want to start from there...? I never had this problem because I don't use AI but also because for a few months already I ALWAYS take off from where I landed previously (I always save the flight after shutting down and then load it the next time) so the spot I am parking on always is MINE and mine alone.  ^_^

I've had a few CTD's where I tried to pick a parking spot or gate...but if at the same airport, pick the active runway...no CTD, ever.  It might be something other than what I suggested to cause a no-go...but also, it could be just that...  :)

From my understanding the User aircraft has priority over AI when it comes to a parking spot.  It may be some of you AI is not compatible with P3D and crashes upon loading immediately.  I have seen that.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

From my understanding the User aircraft has priority over AI when it comes to a parking spot.  It may be some of you AI is not compatible with P3D and crashes upon loading immediately.  I have seen that.

That could be...anything is open for discussion.  I also wonder, if you have been using your system for awhile...and then fire up P3D...could the system memory be fragmented, and P3D need the registers linear to load out properly.  I am still getting use to how P3D plays in the sandbox...but nothing really critical to post.  Having a blast, as usual! :)