Sign in to follow this  
olliecast

Help with descent on Eaglesoft Citation X

Hi all,
I`ve recently been getting used to the citation x and I`m a little confused on the descent profile the FMC is giving.

I`ve loaded Gatwick to Eastmids along with the SID and STAR for ILS27 approach.

However, its not starting to descend until I`m reaching waypoint ROKUP and the EGNX STAR chart says I should be passing this at 8000 feet. The cruise is up at 25000.

The fsbuild plan does seem to reduce the altitude sooner.

Am I missing something really obvious?

thanks for any help,

cheers
Ollie

1.jpg

2.jpg

31.jpg
41.jpg
51.jpg
61.jpg
71.jpg

81.jpg

Ollie, I've been trying to learn the correct procedures for this FMC for months and I still haven't figured it out. I do know that after you load the flight plan you need to check each way point with the charts. If you find any discrepancies you need to edit them manually to match the plan and profile that you want to fly.  Your programmed flight plan shows FL250 at  ROKUP. The next waypoint is ROKUPH at 0A. You also have waypoint EME in there twice. Is this on the charts? The remaining waypoints are "at or above" until the second EME. With that flight plan the plane is going to stay at FL250 and then make a rapid descent when required to cross EME at 1640. You'll need to do a little editing to this flight plan if you want it to fly the one above created by FSBuild.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I found this issue later on using the Citation X. It seems the data, not the FMC is the issue here, as you can go elsewhere and it works perfect. I was able to fly all over the east coast US fine, but the second I went to Australia or New Zealand, it got this way.

I also notice these issue in believe it or not some airports and approaches with the NGX and Airosoft Airbus.

Best practice is to also have charts, and like in the real world, only put so much stock in the computer, as real pilots also check the route to make sure it is all correct. Editing way points is actually a pretty normal practice, and if you fly online, you can almost guarantee that you will be going off the VNAV path at one point or another anyways.

cheers all.

I`ve updated my navdata and all seems well (touchwood)

fsbuild now wont rebuild the database with the latest navdata inputted! always stalls at the same place...

strange.

Anyone else have this?

I don't have FSBuild so can't assist you with that. You might want to start a new topic on FSBuild and Navdata to get some comments on it. Glad to hear you got the FMS working.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I don't have FSbuild either but I would not agonize over some discrepancies during approach. Like others stated, in real world your approach profile would change anyway when you interact with ATC, they can throw at you different requests and they normally do, specially at large busy airports. You as pilot must be able to handle all changes, even a selection of a completely different approach than the one you so carefully 'planned'.