Sign in to follow this  
regisb

Because of PMDG 777, I can't fly NGX 737 anymore (Weather Radar)

Dear PMDG,

you have certainly done this to me. I can no longer fly NGX 737 because of the Weather Radar...It pains me to say this but It has become some sort of a malady.

I know you are focused on fixing up issues introduced by SP1b of 777 but the wait for NGX weather radar is like being dead and awaiting resuscitation.

I am also convinced, that many like me, will be willing to cheap in 10$ to 15$ for a "special service pack" NGX SP that would include the weather Radar integrated with ASN.

I know the 747 v2 is also on your list, which scares me that NGX SP will take ages to be released as your focus is turned elsewhere.

Dear PMDG, the plane currently most used in FSX is the NGX...not the 777 but NGX so therefore it makes sense to introduce the feature of the 777 to it (.ie: Weather radar etc..)....We would not mind if you charge it within reasonable boundaries (as you've always done).

You may chose to call them "special service pack"....Everyone is free to buy them or wait for the normal service pack.

In term of business, it means more revenue to you and raising the bar higher for other sims wannabe planes developers wanting to sell us stuff. And for us it means more flying, more PMDGing.

As of right now, I cure my malady enjoying the skies over Doha and not far from Dubai on the 777.

I salute you,

Regis Biassala

Regis Biassala 

I have the ifly 737 with WXR. I am truly happy with it! But I also fly PMDG 737 quite often! Surely they will update theirs with a WXR within a year from now.

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I am also convinced, that many like me, will be willing to cheap in 10$ to 15$ for a "special service pack" NGX SP that would include the weather Radar integrated with ASN.

You're on your own with that one. 

You're on your own with that one. 

As I have said..."special service pack"...You are free to buy it or not. Get it in 3 months (pay 10$) or wait 2 years for normal and free.... 

Regis Biassala 

As I have said..."special service pack"...You are free to buy it or not. Get it in 3 months (pay 10$) or wait 2 years for normal and free.... 

I just had to voice the opinion of those who don't feel they should wait or pay in case this business consideration takes traction.

''You can give us 10 bucks and have it now....or, we'll just hold it for a year before we release it free''

Not really how business works. All you'll end up with is alot of peeved cutomers.

...then theres the fact that they could pour every resource into making the service pack...meaning nothing else like newer released products getting any attension..meaning other customers have to wait longer....only for 4 people to buy it....

(oh wait, thats already happend...STILL waiting for SP2....but i digress....)

Luke Pype

Not going to happen. With the WX-radar the NGX would be the perfect aircraft. Unfortunately we have to wait untill they fixed all issues for the 777 and get a new SP2 for the 747.

But just a single small Update for the weather radar would be awesome. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Give it up. Did the JS41 ever get SP2? The NGX as is as close to perfect as you're going to get, on to the next project.

I wanted to go on a rant about how the 777 code needs to be stable before any decent amount of work can be done on SP2 for the NGX but, frankly, I can't be bothered to do it anymore.

Kyle has been fighting this discussion quite recently too, more than a few times.

If you use the search function, you'll find a plethora of topics about this very subject, discussing the ifs, buts and how's on it.