Sign in to follow this  
Kwakadilly

200ER Plans

So, unless I missed it, does anybody know what the current plans are for the 200ER? I know there was a poll a while ago asking what people were interested, and the 200ER was the overwhelming winner. So is it being worked on now or are we going to have to go without one of the most popular versions of the T7? Just curious, couldn't find anything recent on it.

So, unless I missed it, does anybody know what the current plans are for the 200ER? I know there was a poll a while ago asking what people were interested, and the 200ER was the overwhelming winner. So is it being worked on now or are we going to have to go without one of the most popular versions of the T7? Just curious, couldn't find anything recent on it.

YES! Of course, it was in the manual that PMDG are doing the -200ER, it will come out as fast as the BBJ and 900ER for the NGX did.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

it will come out as fast as the BBJ and 900ER for the NGX did.
Hahaha... yea.. I've been holding out on flying 200ER routes and only sticking to the real 200LR and 300ER routes. But at this point, I wonder if I should just forget it and fly the 200ER routes and pretend that my LR is an ER  :ph34r:

But at this point, I wonder if I should just forget it and fly the 200ER routes and pretend that my LR is an ER :ph34r:

You're already pretending that you're flying an airliner so you might as well pretend you're flying the ER.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

YES! Of course, it was in the manual that PMDG are doing the -200ER, it will come out as fast as the BBJ and 900ER for the NGX did.

This would have been my answer as well.  Several years later and the alluded to extensions of the NGX have never materialized.  Instead, they perhaps decided to do a DC-6 instead.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

You're already pretending that you're flying an airliner so you might as well pretend you're flying the ER.

Jim Burke

I'm getting close to do just that. There are some performance and engine sound differences though so I want to hold off as long as I can...  :huh:

PMDG has stated in the manual that they will expand into the 200ER, however my understanding is that they're going to have to fix the SP1 bugs first before they can build the 200ER. I'm waiting for the 200ER too, but 300ER flies a lot of major routes, so enjoy that for time being until we have the 200ER.

PMDG has stated in the manual that they will expand into the 200ER, however my understanding is that they're going to have to fix the SP1 bugs first before they can build the 200ER. I'm waiting for the 200ER too, but 300ER flies a lot of major routes, so enjoy that for time being until we have the 200ER.

This would have been my answer as well.  Several years later and the alluded to extensions of the NGX have never materialized.  Instead, they perhaps decided to do a DC-6 instead.

Well, I'd say that if they're waiting to fix stuff in the T7 SP before moving to the 200ER, maybe they want to get the NGX SP out before they move on to other things with it. Just a guess.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I missed it in the manual.

SP2 for The NGX is "waiting" for stable code from the 777.

As long as the stability of the code on the 777, needed for the NGX, isn't deemed acceptable, there will be no progress on SP2 for the NGX.

Before buying the 777, I'm wondering if PMDG is also thinking of doing the 777-200 non-ER. United still flies them on a route that I'm really interested in flying, so it'd be great if they did that model as well.

I don't believe the 777-300 non-ER is very much used, so I'm not bothered with it.