Sign in to follow this  
raymar

EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box

EarthSimulations.com sent out an email announcing this sale. Looks like it includes most everything except their PhotoGenESis, AutoGenESis & Bundles.

The sake does include all the good stuff like Isle of Man, Scilly, Adlerney, Guernsey, Treescapes, Shawbury Fields, etc. - the stuff that made them famous.

The notice says the sale in on for One Week Only. Go get it.

I received the notice Friday afternoon, August 22, 2014 cst USA.  EOS is in the UK.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Has anyone tried Isle of Man in Prepar3D V2.3?

Thanks, Ray. I recently flew from Scotland (Orbx) down to Isle of Man, and man, did it look bad!!! It is not part of the OpenEU LC, and is not part of the EU series from Orbx. I think JV purposely let ES have it all to themselves, so completing the "English Isles" would be good.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Has anyone tried Isle of Man in Prepar3D V2.3?

Yes Dave, it's all good :) Isle of Man and the PhotoGenESis and AutoGenESis products are light years ahead of the orbx regions in terms of accuracy and detail. No ugly vector roads, proper accurate coastlines with transitional water masking (no harsh vector coastlines), real life ground detail, full autogen so no flat textures (and the autogen is much more detailed and customised to the local area), seasonal changes and beautiful lighting... It's as good as it gets in FSX and P3D IMHO

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes Dave, it's all good :) Isle of Man and the PhotoGenESis and AutoGenESis products are light years ahead of the orbx regions in terms of accuracy and detail. No ugly vector roads, proper accurate coastlines with transitional water masking (no harsh vector coastlines), real life ground detail, full autogen so no flat textures (and the autogen is much more detailed and customised to the local area), seasonal changes and beautiful lighting... It's as good as it gets in FSX and P3D IMHO

Thanks Kevin, I will buy it now. LOL

If anyone has the Isle of Man, could they please tell a little about it? Ups? Downs? I have Orbx England and Whales but that is it, and I am really liking what they have done to the area, ES that is, from their screen shots.

With this sale, thinking about finishing up that area!

If anyone has the Isle of Man, could they please tell a little about it? Ups? Downs? I have Orbx England and Whales but that is it, and I am really liking what they have done to the area, ES that is, from their screen shots.

Why not start with the Avsim review of IOM? It kinda tells the story.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks, Ray. I recently flew from Scotland (Orbx) down to Isle of Man, and man, did it look bad!!! It is not part of the OpenEU LC, and is not part of the EU series from Orbx. I think JV purposely let ES have it all to themselves, so completing the "English Isles" would be good.

IOM was already completed by EOS when Orbx came to England AFAIK.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

IOM was already completed by EOS when Orbx came to England AFAIK.

Si. Still downloading - damn big files!

I have heard some "grungleness" about the ESInstaller. Having fired it up and working with it (I purchased IoM, Guernsey. and Alderney) it find it more akin to the GEX update program. "This is what you have, this is what you need". Pretty straightforward. I actually wish Orbx had a similar installer.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Sheesh. "Gruntleness", as in disgruntled.

Still downloading. As of 5PM PDT I was running about 1Mbs download. Then it went to 500 Kbs. Now it is 100Kbs (9PM PDT). Not yet disgruntled...   :P

John Howell

Or see my review here...

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/kf/iom/iom.htm

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

Well I bought IOM and Installed it in FSX. Now all I have to do is transfer it to P3D V2. They have instructions in there FAQ's how to do it for P3D but it doesn't specify V2. Judging by the many screen shots I have seen and if it is to my liking I can see myself taking further advantage of this sale. I will have to hide my CC bill from the wife again! LOL

Great sceneries if they on sale thats a bargain by. Have Scilly Isles and Shawbury Fields, you WONT be dissapointed. Cant recommend enough.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Still downloading. As of 5PM PDT I was running about 1Mbs download. Then it went to 500 Kbs. Now it is 100Kbs (9PM PDT). Not yet disgruntled...   :P

It doesnt seem to be ESI servers, I'm doing an easy 8-10Mb/s from the Netherlands

Cheers!

Maarten

ES Isle of Man is (IMO) the best scenery package for FS. Unbelievably detailed, and over 750 sq.kms to explore. This is significantly larger than any of their other island packages (including Guernsey). I haven't even scratched the surface of it yet (I have been messing about doing circuits at the large airports in the UK), but I intend to concentrate on VFR sight seeing trips now that I have P3D (and the PhotoGenesis/AutoGenesis packages are starting to be released).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well I bought IOM and Installed it in FSX. Now all I have to do is transfer it to P3D V2. They have instructions in there FAQ's how to do it for P3D but it doesn't specify V2. Judging by the many screen shots I have seen and if it is to my liking I can see myself taking further advantage of this sale. I will have to hide my CC bill from the wife again! LOL

The only thing I found that wasn't working 100% in P3D2 when I reviewed IOM was the night lighting. ES have changed it so their night lighting now works as it's supposed to in P3D2 in the new autogenesis release. You probably won't, but if you have any probs with the night lighting in your IOM download drop Darren a line using the support ticket system because it should be easily solvable with a couple of readily available files :) Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png