Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

along-track waypoint help!

I am trying to place a waypoint in front of one of my waypoints on my route MCT - manchester VOR!

I am doing this so it lays 40nm out from my dest airport EGNX or East Midlands. The reason why i am doing this is for RC, so i can meet the Alt and Speed Rest at FL 110 / 250kts.

I have set a fix 40 nm green arc around the dest airport but trying to place a waypoint at it so i can meet my restrictions!

This is what i done -

Pressed LSK 1L to copy MCT to the scratchpad.

• Type /5 after it - the full entry looks like MCT/5

• Press LSK 1L to enter the new waypoint.

But what happens is the new waypoint called MCT03 or something can't mind exactly, is now placed in front of MCT and now is the next waypoint not MCT. Its setup wrong though? I paused the simulation gone into map mode and what its doing is going straight to MCT03 then back to MCT and then onto the next waypoint. But between MCT03 and MCT there is a DISC error message and it won't let me join it up. Even if i do its still taking me back forth!!!!

How do i set it up so i have the waypoints like this MCT - MCT 03 but without going back to MCT ?

Vernon Howells

In the scratchpad type MCTXXX/5 where xxx is the bearing from you want from MCT.

If you want to fly to the MCT VOR then to the waypiont, rather than to the waypiont and back to the vor, enter the new waypiont after MCT in the legs page.

XXXX

MCT

MCTXXX/5

ect.

Luke Pype

Press LSK 1L to enter the new waypoint.

You were supposed to put it after MCT, not to the first position to fly direct. So if MCT is on the 1L, then put MCT/5 (this is the correct waypoint entry format) onto the 2L.

Whenever you create new waypoint you should place it in the correct order, like MaDDogz showed above.

Thanks guys i have been putting it into 1L

So its to be inserted into the 2nd waypoint is that correct?

EX

MCT

ROKUP

TNT

I'll use ROKUP to enter my new waypoint MCT/5

Vernon Howells

How can mct/5 giv a waypiont if it doesnt know the bearing? Mct/5 makes a ring around the vor...not a waypiont....no?

Luke Pype

MadDog, it will place the newly created waypoint 5 miles down line from MCT ON YOUR FLIGHT PLANNED TRACK. When you said MCT/5 makes a ring, that is if you enter it in the FIX page. The way Driver170 wants it, you enter MCT/5 right in the scratchpad while on the LEGS page

You were supposed to put it after MCT, not to the first position to fly direct. So if MCT is on the 1L, then put MCT/5 (this is the correct waypoint entry format) onto the 2L.

Whenever you create new waypoint you should place it in the correct order, like MaDDogz showed above.

In the real airplane the proper procedure is to put it on top of the waypoint you are offsetting from which would be 1L in the example given.  The FMC will place it in the proper order for you.  This does not seem to work properly in the PMDG.

MadDog, it will place the newly created waypoint 5 miles down line from MCT ON YOUR FLIGHT PLANNED TRACK. When you said MCT/5 makes a ring, that is if you enter it in the FIX page. The way Driver170 wants it, you enter MCT/5 right in the scratchpad while on the LEGS page

Thanks Jack...i didnt know it would do it for you....clever little box... :)

Luke Pype

The way Driver170 wants it, you enter MCT/5 right in the scratchpad while on the LEGS page

On a KJFK-KSFO route there is a series of waypoints which are RUMPS OAL TROSE. I tried to enter OAL/10 in front of, on top of, and behind OAL on the LEGS page. Everyone one resulted an INVALID ENTRY message. When I added a bearing of 60 degrees such as OAL060/10 it accepted the entry. RUMPS to OAL is a track of 240. So now I have RUMPS OAL01 OAL TROSE.

What you saying cubine? Add a bearing to make it work?

But if i do that do you select the same waypoint to add it....

Vernon Howells

yes you need a bearing.

No, you dont select the same waypiont.

If you want to fly to the MCT vor 1st, and then the waypiont you want to add, in the legs page it would look like:

KENNET

TNT

MCT

MCT03 <----it will look something like this when you add it.

So in the above example you would have pressed LSK4 to add it

If you wanted to fly to your user way piont and then the VOR

KENNET

TNT

MCT03

MCT

....does that make any sence? lol

Luke Pype

Got ya maddogz so you are selecting the next waypoint then, if you want to add it after the waypoint your adding?

Vernon Howells

Does this help?... I made a waypiont before and after the MCT VOR as you can see in the legs page:

6Kjxpq.jpg

Luke Pype

Driver, I am trying to add a waypoint 5 miles down line from a current waypoint in my flight plan. goes like HE LW OPALE. I tried doing HE/5 and HE/-5. neither of them works. If I remember my beta testing account info I will log this as a bug and hope to see it get fixed.