Sign in to follow this  
TheGrunt

Strange FPS problem with openLC EU

I also posted this to ORBX support forum, but no harm asking here too:

I have P3D 2.3 installed with Global products including some of your freeware airports plus few of the NA regions now. I today purchased OpenLC EU and noticed that my sim was performing badly flying in Europe. After doing quite exhaustive testing I noticed following:

If I create or start a flight in LC area FTX set to Global, hybrid mode on or not, I get around 50% percent poorer performance and my GPU usage is just around 55% and FPS varies depending on the situation between 17-30. When I do the same outside LC area and start my flight somewhere else in the world, GPU stays pretty much at 100% and frames are normal again around 45-70. If I switch my aircraft location from Airport menu, for example from USA to EU LC area, GPU load drops and when I switch again back, GPU load returns to normal. I can repeat this indefinitely. Funniest part comes here: If I start my flight somewhere else outside the EU LC and drag my plane with the map to EU LC area, everything seems to work just fine and FPS and GPU load both stay good.

I can't think anything strange with my installation, libraries are the newest, scenery library is ok and sim works otherwise just fine. Only thing is this performance drop in LC area. Any Ideas?

Cheers

So, has anyone experienced similar anomalies with openLC EU? This is really baffling and strangest thing is that if using map to move the plane, sim works just fine on EU LC area. :Thinking:

My only suggestion is that you defrag the hard-drive where p3d is installed (unless, of course it is on an SSD). Reading the disk inefficiently could result in the CPU and GPU not to be fully active; the CPU may be waiting for disk I/O.

Frans

My only suggestion is that you defrag the hard-drive where p3d is installed (unless, of course it is on an SSD). Reading the disk inefficiently could result in the CPU and GPU not to be fully active; the CPU may be waiting for disk I/O.

Frans

This is definitely not about hard drive defragmentation and HD is in good condition. It is something that goes wrong loading the scenery, after all it is different when you load a new scenario or use the map to change location. It is very methodical and happens every time and returning somewhere else than openEU LC area, frames and GPU load are back straight away.

But thanks anyway!