Sign in to follow this  
mr340

SweetFX Work Around No Crash

For those of you who use SweetFX an experience crash when going through the  menu or when creating a flight plan or using any Menu option, this is a simple solution that i did to solve those crash . First of all if anyone has there GPU Overclock i suggest you guys revert it to default setting.  I discover that my crashes with sweetfx was due to my GPU being overclock with high temperatures. I never really thought that was the problem , but ever since i reverted my GPU to its factory setting with no OC the crashes with sweetfx has stop for good. I have been using sweetfx for several months now an no crashes. I go through the menu option all the time even minimize the screen an no crash. I really don't know if this will work for anyone that use sweetfx but you are welcome to try an report back the result. 

In the past the crashes i experience was when using any menu option fsx would just disappear , vanish with out a trace . All that is gone for me after reverting my GPU back to its factory restore setting.  I am using Steve DX 10 Fixer with SweetFX by the way. The sweetfx i am using is the one i found at this great website. http://simtweak.com/

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

My gpu (and cpu) is not overclocked, but I still experience ctd's almost every time I switch from full screen to windowed or vice versa.  Maybe one day somebody will come up with a solution that works for everybody.

My gpu (and cpu) is not overclocked, but I still experience ctd's almost every time I switch from full screen to windowed or vice versa.  Maybe one day somebody will come up with a solution that works for everybody.

Just the same way i thought a long time ago, maybe someone will find a solution for everyone. But are you running DX9 or DX10 with steve fix?The http://simtweak.com/ site was created by someone who frequently visit the forums an has a lot time working with sweetfx. Try his sweetfx file an see if it helps. I am using the one tweak for DX10 an is working perfectly fine. I also minimize the screen even take screenshot , which by the way i don't like using sweetfx screenshot option, because it automatically insert the screenshot to fsx root folder. I just can't get sweetfx to disappear like before . I try long haul flight for 15 hours an still no crash. I am always minimizing the screen to look at certain charts for approaches an so on.  

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I remember seeing somewhere that installing sfx in dx9 with AA ticked in fsx causes crashes, so its worth a try and uninstall sfx and reinstall without AA.

Bob