Sign in to follow this  
eland2705

Wing tip to wing tip view over triple monitors

G'day to all. 

This question has probably been asked and answered a hundred times elsewhere, but I am darned if I can find it in a search. 

I run three 22" flat panel formatted into one screen set in a semi-circle in front of me, with Saitek instruments, radios panel etc.  I am wondering if there is a way of setting the horizon view so that you are able to see "from wing tip to wing tip".  I read somewhere that you can't see 180 degrees, but your can set it up to close to that (172 degrees IIRC)

My problem is when on downwind leg, you want to see where your runway is, then when you turn base, you want to see your runway out the side to judge the time when to turn final.  I don't like using the top hat to slew as I can never get it back to the right place again, looking forward.  I investigated TrackIR as well (my son has nicked that to play Arma) close, but no banana in my opinion.

Would be really interested to hear your views (like the pun?)

Regards

Stephan

In FSUIPC payware version you can assign a button/keystroke to "View Virtual Cockpit Forward" which snaps the view (from whatever you panned to) to the default straight ahead view. The programme also has many other view possibilities not covered in the standard FSX / P3D options.

If you are not familiar with FSUIPC do investigate it, as it is well worth the modest fee.

Gordon

Thanks guys, that answers the "straightening up after slew" issue. 

Is it possible to view a wider horizon?

frosty77, many thanks.  With those leads I found out quiet a bit.  Terminology is all it is, once you ask the right questions, you get the right answers.  The key was "FOV".

One of the simplest was the fsx.cfg hack - "WideViewAspect=TRUE" Makes all the difference.