Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Q400, Pv3D and OpusFSX

Hello all, I have had stutters with all the updates (including the new v.1.011) and after trying adding affinity mask entries, I have finally seemed to have found the culprit. The moment I unload OpusFSX, the Q400 runs smooth as silk. I though it may have been OpusFSX's weather engine but no. As long as Opus runs with the Q400, I will get terrible stutters.

​So the easy solution is not to run Opus but it is an integral part of simming for me.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mario Di Lauro

Interesting point because I too have been getting terrible jumps/stutters in P3Dv2.3 with the Q400 and running latest Opus version3.50. The sim seems to be operating at a different frequency than the Q400.  I have frames set to unlimited and disabled the FDE to FSX sync in the Majestic control panel.  I will try disabling Opus and see if it makes a difference..... 

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Confirmed for me too...disabled Opus and the Q400 smooth as silk in P3Dv2.3 with Track IR5.  Will try disabling weather only and keep Opus running for my camera views but I suspect the jolting/stutters will be there.  As the OP asked has anyone else experienced this?  I will also refer this to Opus support as they are very good at helping out.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Confirmed for me too...disabled Opus and the Q400 smooth as silk in P3Dv2.3 with Track IR5.  Will try disabling weather only and keep Opus running for my camera views but I suspect the jolting/stutters will be there.  As the OP asked has anyone else experienced this?  I will also refer this to Opus support as they are very good at helping out.

Thanks for the responses. I tried disabling the weather but to no avail. It's only if I do not load Opus that the Q400 runs nicely.. 

Mario Di Lauro

You will have to disable the DHM, and turbulence/bump feature of Opus to get rid of the stutters. The weather engine alone works just fine with the Q400 in P3Dv2.3.

Jazz

I'm having the same problem, with or without opus, really poor stuttering especially on take off roll, incredibly frustrating I have tried every setting I can think of . my pc can run p3d at pretty high settings with every other add on, but not this one. don't want to do a full reinstall but might be the only way

You will have to disable the DHM, and turbulence/bump feature of Opus to get rid of the stutters. The weather engine alone works just fine with the Q400 in P3Dv2.3.

Jazz

Do what this guy said - DHM must be disabled! Same goes for FSX.

Are you sure? Camera definitions and DHM effects are tied to a specific aircraft.cfg within Opus FSX. Basically, if you have it disabled on one aircraft it may not be disabled on another.

You can double check by loading up the Majestic Q400 prior to starting OpusFSX's FSXSERVER.exe (or which ever you use). Then check the camera options within' OpusFSX. Then you know for sure Opus is loading the correct camera and DHM setting for that aircraft.

If still no luck then :(. It seems some people have this issue with 2.3, some don't.

Also - Ensure you have version 1.011 of the Majestic Q400 installed. - You can check your currently installed version by opening the Majestic Q400 control panel, selecting Manual at the top right, and the version number will be displayed on the title page.

If you are using the autosave function of fsuipc (pro version) you have will have to disable it. As it does cause stutters in the Q400. I'm just throwing this out there, just in case.

Jazz