Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Real World traffic timing and saturation with MyTraffic 5.4c

If you have MyTraffic 5.4c (latest edition of this series for P3D)  BTW, there are two versions, obviously one for FSX, but, there is one for the P3D franchise.  The P3D true edition recognizes jet-ways for A.I. as well as A.I. being serviced by airport vehicles.  I have both, versions....and have the correct one installed for both P3D as well as FSX...

...now my observation for P3D----------->

In listening into real life ATC for both KDTW (Detroit, Michigan) and KMIA (Miami, Florida) today...I thought to start at 20 percent on the Big Iron slider (smile...), and kept increasing the slider until I heard about the same interaction on the ground freq, as well as once in the air in the controlled airspace.  Well..it was not 20...not 100, not 70....not even 50 percent.  The good news, was from a better performing P3D, overall...and less chance of an OOM (A.I. memory leak, if one might ever come to play...)---------------------->was 35 percent on the Commercial/Big Boy slider.  Yeppers....35 percent, using MyTraffic 5.4c as your A.I. solution will give you RL ATC results in the head-phones and all around you.

Just thought to post...you might be interested... ^_^  

I have not checked out the 35 percent slider setting to simulate volume and ATC timing for FSX...but will start there as soon as I finish my flight in P3D, and see if that hold true also. I doubt it though...as there are different thresholds in all the settings between both flight simulators.  I will post in the FSX forum, what I find also as a RL to simulator saturation-ground/air with the same two RL airports, soon.

OH...and a general P3D all-round tip:  Always...always make sure to give your main sim screen two left button clicks after calling up the menu header and doing anything there...for if you do not...you will have lost main screen focus, and Windows 7(anything) will NOT be giving all its resources to your MAIN FLIGHT WINDOW...and your FPS will suffer.  So...as soon as you do anything other than just fly....always do one or two left hand button clicks on your main screen to bring back O.S. focus, to your main window (which is your flight sim experience.  This is very important, and lots of people forget, or don't even know that FPS loss during your flight is because of loss of performance-focus on your main window with W7 (I imagine this is also a fact in W8, but do not know for sure. This is also a good idea using ANY flight sim with this O.S.   Back to your main window?...... move your mouse pointer at the sky, click, click and fly...

Mitch

16:10 EST, Bisbee, Arizona....good weather fireworks starting to build....great depiction from  ASN/REX 4 Direct....I invite you to the light snow....zap...zip.....

Some moderate chop near the mountains....

Have fun...if you decide to fire up P3d and join me... :)  You'll see the lightning flashes off of my C377....I'll wave back.... :)

Always...always make sure to give your main sim screen two left button clicks after calling up the menu header and doing anything there...for if you do not...you will have lost main screen focus, and Windows 7(anything) will NOT be giving all its resources to your MAIN FLIGHT WINDOW...and your FPS will suffer.

Where did this come from?

Where did this come from?

It comes from the fact that the O.S. 'follows' your direction, and whichever window or panel you call up..now becomes the MAJOR panel, window, etc...and it will delegate most of the resources to 'your task'....so...unless you (it follows your pointer/mouse/clicks....input...REFOCUS the O.S.'s attention...it will still be focused on even your closed window...and not any other 'open' window...even your main simulation view panel, with the PRIMARY task-focus.  So....to say "hey buddy...we are back here...now...' you simply move your mouse pointer....anywhere in the panel...(I use the sky out the front cockpit window panes)...and just click a couple of times...and then...the O.S.   says...'I gottcha!'....and will now focus resources for whatever is required in THAT pane....which just happens to be your main window.  That is the deal....I use my pointer to interact with ATC's menu....and also will just every 15 minutes by rote...do a double left-button click at the sky...and I then know that W7 is focused on the panel I want.....and to generate all the FPS performance with what is going in in THAT panel...not the one just closed.....

It is a quirk of the O.S.

Cheers!

Thanks, Mitch. I had no idea.

I'll check this out when I get home.

Mark

Thanks, Mitch. I had no idea.

I'll check this out when I get home.

Mark

Yeah, Mark...just either do a fast double-click with your mouse pointer onto the main panel....and do one for good measure every 10-15 minutes or so...(fast and simple) and you will know that W7 is pointing the CPU and GPU to what you are asking of it.....   Some folks that were seeing an FPS degradation as they flew throughout a session, was being victim to this....and all they had to do to bring back FPS (what their system can give, of course...) performance  was a little 'tap-dance' after accessing anything other than their main flight window.....

Didnt know they made the My Traffic for P3D? Going to have to buy that now as I am in dire need of something organized for my VatSim models. I don't fly offline, but I image if you install this and then the model set for vpilot it will use the models correct?

Also, and sorry to ask so many questions, is there an option to just install the models into P3D so I don't have to use the scheduler or anything? I ask because as stated, I only fly online and just want matching models for other pilots as I fly about the vWorld.

ThankS!

Didnt know they made the My Traffic for P3D? Going to have to buy that now as I am in dire need of something organized for my VatSim models. I don't fly offline, but I image if you install this and then the model set for vpilot it will use the models correct?

Also, and sorry to ask so many questions, is there an option to just install the models into P3D so I don't have to use the scheduler or anything? I ask because as stated, I only fly online and just want matching models for other pilots as I fly about the vWorld.

ThankS!

Well, I imagine that after the full install, you can start cutting and snipping what you don't want out of the MyTraffic Folder.  All your aircraft will be in the AIRPLANE folder within your MyTraffic Folder.  I imagine you can do what you want. But, if you already have for FSX, then just port over those models.  With the actual P3D 2.x edition, not only are the models optimized for the special features found in P3D for they they will interact with the auto-run Jet Ways, and service vehicles...etc...but they also can be selectively used for WIDE View MONITORS in the aircraft selection .cfg screen .You just check off that box before you auto-configure them. That is a nice feature, as they have their heft back, and don't look extruded,  You know there is BIG IRON passing in front of you when a 777 or '47 does just that to an adjacent taxiway, lol.  A big...boy....!

The P3D Edition of MyTraffic5.4c (the latest and greatest, including now...cruise ships, and cruisers...) is called MyTraffic3D 5.4c       

I love seeing merchant marine and passenger ships in the channels of PNW...and boy...does P3D v2.3 sure have a beautiful wake modeled for those bug 'uns.....

The P3d version of MyTraffic Pro is for p3d 1.4. It may work in p3d 2.3 (mine does) but one needs to check the installation carefully. Second, it is suggested not to use the 2013 schedule as it may generate ntdll.dll errors on some systems. Third, the author has provided fixes for 600 airports for P3d 2.3 and is working on the rest. Lastly, the recommended commercial levels are 15-40%.

The P3d version of MyTraffic Pro is for p3d 1.4. It may work in p3d 2.3 (mine does) but one needs to check the installation carefully. Second, it is suggested not to use the 2013 schedule as it may generate ntdll.dll errors on some systems. Third, the author has provided fixes for 600 airports for P3d 2.3 and is working on the rest. Lastly, the recommended commercial levels are 15-40%.

I have mine set to 35, and am on the Autumn 2012 sched.....

I just included the new airport files, but probably had them already as my download was only a couple of weeks old.

I have the MyTraffic3D 5.4c working perfectly, and boy..does it work for v2.3~!

Just wanted to show (at Halifax International) how the auto-jetways are working with each model...here is a Dash 8 (Air Canada) with JetWay and shadows inabled. Notice my FPS reading....great performance all around.  Right now, ATC is interacting with two turbo-props towards the active, and four are getting taxi clerance before I came to the forum. All is working beautifully at a setting of 35/40 percent on the Commercial Slider...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tHT

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tH0

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tHF

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tHJ

Final shots...now out of Halifax International, after following the WestJet ...and now heading towards the east coast of Nova Scotia...and then southward to follow towards my final destination of Digsby.....

Post Edit:  The sound files for all these models, are totally upgraded from the prior MyTraffic 5.3b that had been installed previously.  The whole airport is alive around you sonically, and you can adjust the sound levels to your liking.  A very nice upgrade!

Cheers!

I have contemplated going back to Mytraffic when I read your post. I bought 54b a long time ago and can get a free upgrade to 54c which I assume is the Prepar3d v2.2. version with the moving jetways. Does this play nicely with other ai programs or can you uninstall an airline package that is covered by someone else. The big problem for me is the models that mytraffic uses, I just don't like them compaired to WOAI but I would probably use mytraffic to supplement missing WOAI packages (like military). Unless the models are better now, they seem to get better each release.

Does it install easily into Prepar3d v2.2 because I have a huge problem (read my posts) with an addon messing up my Prepar3d v2.2 setup. It seems whatever addon I buy for Prepar3d v2.2 results in a possible CTD and that has to stop because more addons are offered everyday. I am so scared to install something that large into my working Prepar3d v2.2 with a good amount of addons now. I also read that the 54c version is not officially working for v2.2. but you would need to "alter" files (which is always a bad thing). I would appreciate any insight because I have Mytraffic 54c ready to install but need some more help before pulling the trigger.

Hello Bosflow,

I will tell you what I did...

1..ran the installer and pointed the installer to my P3D v2.3 folder. It did its work and the MyTraffic Folder was installed.

2. You have to add in your P3D.cfg the SimObject line to point to the Aircraft Folder within the MyTraffic Folder. If you have MyTraffic for FSX, then simply copy and paste that SimObject line after all the others, and make sure the number is the next available in the list...for your copy and paste from FSX.cfg might not be.

3. Run P3D v2.3 and ADD the MyTraffic Folder into the Scenery Lib...and place it between AddON and Prop Objects...then press ok...and let the scenery lib rebuild. You should now run your Commercial Slider to no less than 35 percent and up. In 54c, the sliders were eased, so you need a minimum of 35 percent to have Flight Planned aircraft movements, take off's and landings. I have mine set to 37 percent, for beyond that, I find the airports too busy to reflect real-world events. 37 ties in nicely for traffic volume in such places as Detroit Metro, and Miami, etc. Set the slider to taste. One last thing, if you find that you still have default planes showing up in your MyTraffic ones...then go to Scenery/World/Scenery, and find the default traffic bgl (I can't remember the exact name of it right now...for I am on my tablet...but you will see it...and rename it as: name(whatever it is.bgl.passive and then default traffic will no longer show up. You will find that you will not need any other model library, as there are TONS of different liveries, aircraft models, and beautiful military fixed and rotor. Not only that, but even the military is by country as well. I landed at a Canadian Airforce base in Nova Scotia, and there were all the jet fighters and military transports, along with five or six different egg-beaters...and all with the proper identification paints and logos. The sound at the airports will come alive in this version....and in left/right channel movement. You are close..and it will be louder than if the aircraft is distant to your position. The sound is premium, in that the rasp and the tone of the jet blast changes with throttle, and distance or whether you are to the side, or directly behind them. I love it! So...yes...it was an easy install with the above steps mentioned, and the experience has been a thumb's up one... As soon as the Dev has a truly certified copy for v2.3...I will download it...and install that. You also need to go to the sim forums and find the thread at the top whereby Burkhard has already upgraded 600 airports to work perfectly in the v2.3 sandbox. He has to convert 2000 more...and that will be part of the certified effort. For now...all the major airports that I have visited have proper taxiways (not grass green) working...and the final 2000 will be converted as well. Final thought...go for it...it works...and works just fine as it is now, with the above recommendations.... I had ORBX A.I. working alongside 5.4c, but removed it all...and now only run with 5.4c. There are so many models and paints...that I felt I didn't need two competing x.bgls duking it out...lol.

stuck on the communicator and DOS prompt, uh oh this is going to turn into a troubleshooting post :)