Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Is this the shortest 777 flight?

Recently I have been flying from Gatwick to Antigua as BA 2157. After Antigua the plane flies on to one of three destinations which are Tobago, Punta Cana and St Kitts. Tobago and Punta Cana are approx 400 NM from Antigua. St Kitts though is only 65 NM from Antigua.

I assume that you can't board the BA 777 at Antigua and just fly to anyone of these destinations therefore the St Kitts hop is only part of a longer route. Yet in my view it still counts as a flight. When I have the time I intend to do this short hop!

My question is does anyone know of an even shorter 777 passenger flight?

Other ones I know of:

ANZ90 NZCH - NZAA 405nm (Summer Only RJAA-NZCH-NZAA )

Emirates OMDB - OTHH 212.8 nm (glass of water, and the flights over)

There is probably a lot more.

St Kitts though is only 65 NM from Antigua.

That one would be hard to beat

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

A few short domestic routes in Japan use 777's .. Nagoya - Tokyo Haneda is 142NM for example..

Coming soon: KLM 745 SKBO-SKCL in a 772, starting in March 31: 151 NM as the crow flies.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

BA Heathrow to Cardiff for maintenance. The plane is completly empty. That must be fun.

Chris Stanley VTCC

I assume that you can't board the BA 777 at Antigua and just fly to anyone of these destinations therefore the St Kitts hop is only part of a longer route. Yet in my view it still counts as a flight. When I have the time I intend to do this short hop!

Last year I did the BA flight that landed in Antigua and then went on to Punta Cana.Its scheduled to be in Antigua for an hour. We wasn't allowed to get off the plane. Passengers did board for the flight to Punta Cana so I guess you can buy a ticket for the short hops. Will have to see if you can buy a ticket from BA.Com

Are there European routes that are flown with a 777? I like to fly the 777, but I also like to fly routes that take 2/3 hours.

Last year I did the BA flight that landed in Antigua and then went on to Punta Cana.Its scheduled to be in Antigua for an hour. We wasn't allowed to get off the plane. Passengers did board for the flight to Punta Cana so I guess you can buy a ticket for the short hops. Will have to see if you can buy a ticket from BA.Com

I just looked on the BA site and you are right, you can buy tickets from Antigua to all three destinations.

Here's a link to current flights with the 772, ordered by length, shortest first:

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B772?;offset=0;sort=ASC;order=filed_ete

And the same for the 77W (-300):

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B77W?;offset=0;sort=ASC;order=filed_ete

It changes all the time since it's live, but bet on finding a japanese domestic flight as the shortest 772 flight, probably around 45 mins - 1 hour.

Nice, thanks for that ;) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If you search this forum you will find quite a few posts on this subject.

I often fly on a Qatar 777-300 back & forth from Doha to Bahrain. Flight time is around 20 minutes covering roughly 80 miles depending on wind direction and runway in use.

Cruise altitude is 12000/13000ft and usually the flight is nearly empty, revenue come from the cargo below.

BA also fly the same route using the 777 or 744

Rob Prest

EDDP - LIME in a 777F

BOX512 Aerologic

360nm

Where do you find BOX flights ? I only can find Lufthansa Cargo, Google was not my friend on that one :-/