Sign in to follow this  
Nick M

My sweetheart - all dressed up...

Hi all - After lurking on these forums for longer than I'm prepared to admit, :wink:  I finally got round to making my first post (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450133-my-love-affair-with-a-cherokee/) in which I nattered on nostalgically for a  bit and declared my love for the A2A Cherokee.

Though I'd follow up with some screenshots of repaints for my baby which I'm gradually uploading to the Avsim library (though they've been on A2A's forums for a bit)...

G-AVSE, the first repaint I attempted and based on a real UK-based PA28-180C

G-AVSE_1.jpg?dl=0

N5809W - the real example is very smart and registered in California.

N5809W_1.jpg?dl=0

This one's cheating a bit, as it's based on a 235B model based in Oz.

VH-PXD_2.jpg?dl=0

A bit more cheating going on here, as this Austrian repaint is based on an Archer II.

OE-DSL_1.jpg?dl=0

N38GH is a proper real-world PA28-180C however, based in Florida.

N38GH_6.jpg?dl=0

G-AVSF, another real world 1960s Cherokee with a paint job which reminds me of the splendid 'raspberry ripple' livery worn by the RAF's RAE/ETPS.

G-AVSF_2.jpg?dl=0

Another one in striking colours - from Pennsylvania this time.

N8240W_1.jpg?dl=0

G-SIXT, a rather interesting commemorative paint scheme found on a real-world Warrior II. It's painted in the colours of BOAC on one side...

G-SIXT_1.jpg?dl=0

...And BEA on the other!

G-SIXT_3.jpg?dl=0

Somewhat retro colours on this one too.

G-ATVS_4.jpg?dl=0

And finally, G-AVOZ, quite a grown-up looking real-world PA28-180C, also based in the UK.

G-AVOZ_3.jpg?dl=0

I've been experimenting a little bit with panel repaints too, but this shade of brown won't be to everyone's taste I'm sure!

Brown_panel1.jpg?dl=0

Should all make it to the Avsim library eventually...

All the best!

Nick  :smile:

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Nick,

Fantastic shots - I'm absolutely in love with the brown panel  :Praying: Keep us posted when/if you decide to upload it.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks for the kind words guys. :BigGrin:

Pete - I'll upload the brown panel with the G-ATVS repaint at some point. However, in the meantime the modified panel texture and spot view interior are available at this Dropbox link.

Here's a slightly larger shot of the panel (hope you'll excuse my rather crude 'depth of field' edit!):

brown_panel_new.jpg?dl=0

As I add the repaints to the library, they should become available here.

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. Anyone able to post here successfully using IE11? I had to install Chrome to use the forums. (I know, I know - why am I using IE anyway?  :wacko: )

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Nick,

Fantastic shots - I'm absolutely in love with the brown panel  :Praying: Keep us posted when/if you decide to upload it.

Cheers,

Pete

+1  You do nice work Dude and the brown panel is definitely a keeper.

Cool!!  I just got mine.  Thanks muchly

Thanks Dan! Hope you liked the brown panel. (Can't believe I left a tool-tip in the screenshot above though - talk about rookie error! :Rolling Eyes: ) The file library uploading has stalled a bit as I'm away from home, but here's a couple more repaint screenshots.

OE-DKT, another 'cheating' paint-job based on a more modern Cherokee Archer II with a semi-tapered wing.

OE-DKT_1.jpg?dl=0

And a fictional French paint-job as there aren't too many French repaints of the Cherokee. Based on G-AVSF above, but I though the colour scheme was a good match for Le Tricolore!

F-BYAX_1.jpg?dl=0

All the best,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

A bit more cheating going on here, as this Austrian repaint is based on an Archer II.

Hmmm.. I don't think there are too many VH- regos in Austria

:)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Awesome work on these. They look fantastic.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Bravo!!! All Great!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks guys!

Hmmm.. I don't think there are too many VH- regos in Austria. 

You had me worried gboz! Thought I'd made the same chumpish mistake as this chap: probably a good way to upset Austrians and Australians! However, each text description corresponds to the image below it: the Austrian livery is OE-DSL and the Australian one is VH-PDX. :wink:  I know - it probably makes more sense to have the description underneath the screenshot...

Cheers,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thanks guys!

You had me worried gboz! Thought I'd made the same chumpish mistake as this chap: probably a good way to upset Austrians and Australians! However, each text description corresponds to the image below it: the Austrian livery is OE-DSL and the Australian one is VH-PDX. :wink:  I know - it probably makes more sense to have the description underneath the screenshot...

Cheers,

Nick

No, my mistake, my apologies.

Great work.

VH-PXD has just become my default Piper.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.