Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Stuttering with b8?

Hi, I think I am starting to go insane like in the FSX days gone by....

My X-plane 10 has started to stutter, since I got beta8. I have tried lowering settings, resetting config files etc....still stutters persist!

Its like momentary freezes and the cpu counter jumps to 0.56-0.79 when it is normally around 0.33 - 0.44. 

Also, I have no choice to lock frame using 1/2 vsync in nvidia inspector, otherwise I get terrible screen tearing, even with x-planes internal lock. 

Anyone one else having this issue?

thanks

Ian

"EFTP patch will wait for the next XP RC, which will correct some core bugs... we also need to verify a few things to ensure a smooth experience for you guys..."

by TruScenery

I think RC1 might fix this problem .

BTW I have this only for a few seconds when loading a flight , but then it's stable .

Are you running out of memory of approaching the limit. The stuttering happens a lot when memory is full?

well I have 16GB or RAM, that is no where near all used, and a 4GB gtx 770 that shows in GPUZ as having 800MB free?

I don't think I could flywithout HDR mode. My skymaxx settings are pretty low. Anycase I can't figure out what is causing the stuttering at all. 

I'm running a quick test, I'm panning the camera using the shift key in free mode, my CPU usage in system is 50% and gpu load GRAm is at 2800MB, plently left to play with, and even in free camera mode, I can see the jolts and freezes, this is weird. something has to be causing it. im running off a SSD too. 

Seems after further testing, I remove shadows to only '3D on aircraft' and its much smoother, I also set my monitor response time to 'ultra fast' and it seemed to have helped.

Bit gutted to have lost shadows mind, but Can't use them if they have THAT much impact!

yes, I do.

its the cities, as soon as I hit a city (after further testing) it stutters.

I can maintain 23-30FPS easy, and GRAM is at 2500MB now, but still the mini freezes continue. They last about 1 second, as if its loading a batch of autogen. Annoying! 

Argh, just tried with my overclock off, I can still maintain 30FPs, but the freezes are still there!

This is crazy

I literally used to be butter smooth, so something must have changed in b8? My hardware is not even maxed out, so lots of overhead!

whats causing these stutters! They are not even micro stutters, they are full on freezes, as if its loading a batch of autogen!

file a bug report over to x-plane developers so they know about this, we can do nothing for you, but they can and they actually do read the reports!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I have had occasional stutters and there is no consistent factor (that I can determine) involved.  I see others who apparently suffer much more than I and the question raised earlier about whether the system is overclocked asks something about which I have often wondered.  These video abnormalities seem to occur much more often with those who overclock.  I run a straight homebuilt with Intel i7-4770 with 16GB DRAM and a GTX 770 4GB video card, with no overclock.  With this I have an occasional pause, but that's it. FRs vary according to the aircraft, area, and settings, but generally range in the mid 30s to low 40s.  

I would have a momentary pause in FSX too, so I don't think it is anything other than the program suddenly throwing a very heavy load on the system, which it just needs to digest before going on.  At least in XP 10, it doesn't crash.

John

John Wingold

What settings do you run if you don't mind me asking? Also do you use skymaxx pro2?

I just did another test flight out of Glasgow, and it literally stuttered for 5 mins on departure every 10 seconds, so much so I just shut it down in frustration.