Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Unable to open cargo doors

Hello:

My 777 (both -200 & -300) are up-to-date w/ latest service packs.  However, when I try to open the FRWD & AFT cargo doors via the FS Actions in the FMC, I am not able to do so. 

The option to open them is available, but when I push the LSK to open, nothing happens.

PS - Not too sure how to "sign" my post but I'll gladly supply whatever information I need to receive support.

Thank you,

AO

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hello:

My 777 (both -200 & -300) are up-to-date w/ latest service packs.  However, when I try to open the FRWD & AFT cargo doors via the FS Actions in the FMC, I am not able to do so. 

The option to open them is available, but when I push the LSK to open, nothing happens.

PS - Not too sure how to "sign" my post but I'll gladly supply whatever information I need to receive support.

Thank you,

AO

Do you have electrical power applied to the airplane? The cargo doors are not opened by human-power like the main cabin doors can be. 

Yes.  The APU is running.  Today, just to make sure prior to asking for help, I tried opening them with engines running.  All my other doors open (both cabin and cargo/access) just not the FWD and AFT cargo doors.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

are you only talking about the visual outside or does it not change to "opening" in the mcdu, either? and what about the indication when you look at the DOORS page?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Yes.  The APU is running.  Today, just to make sure prior to asking for help, I tried opening them with engines running.  All my other doors open (both cabin and cargo/access) just not the FWD and AFT cargo doors.

Thanks.

Try a different panel state? I once could not open cabin doors due to corrupt panel state.

Also, make sure you're not by one of those default FSX fuel stations.  For whatever reason, it won't let you open doors (by FSX default - not because of how an add-on developer codes it).

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I am experiencing the same problem. I thought it would be cured by the new service packs but sadly not. I have rebuilt my saved panels but still have the problem.

Whilst on the subject of PMDG quirks, I have searched high and low for a solution to the "racing clock" problem in the FMC of the 737NGX. It only occurs in certain parts of the world. I found a couple of threads but they did not seem to offer me an answer. Was there ever a final answer and solution to this problem?

Kyle may I ask you if you are aware of a solution?

Thank you kindly in advance.

I have tried opening the cargo doors at several different default airports; usually at the gate but the other day I tried on a both a RWY & TWY.  

The option on the FMC to "open" is there.  When I press the LSK next to either the FWD or AFT cargo door to open, no action occurs.  The option does not change to "Opening" or "Close".  All the other doors/access panels function with no problem.  Just the FWD & AFT cargo doors. 

When I look at the exterior, the doors remain closed.  They are NOT open and GSX keeps asking me to open the cargo doors.  

This issue started AFTER the service packs.

I will try a different panel state.  But ummm...how do I do that?

Thanks again all!

Aaron Ortega

I will try a different panel state.  But ummm...how do I do that?

This question leads me to believe that you're using old panel states, which you were advised to delete prior to installing the SP (there's a sticky in the Gen forum).  This would definitely cause the issues that you're seeing.

The panel states are found in [FSX Directory] \ PMDG \ 777X \ PANELSTATE (or something to that effect).

Delete all the panel states.  Re-run the SP1b installer.  Try again.

Panel states are set/loaded from the CDU using MENU > PMDG Setup > [Panel state options on right side]

Yes I am experiencing the same problem. I thought it would be cured by the new service packs but sadly not. I have rebuilt my saved panels but still have the problem.

Whilst on the subject of PMDG quirks, I have searched high and low for a solution to the "racing clock" problem in the FMC of the 737NGX. It only occurs in certain parts of the world. I found a couple of threads but they did not seem to offer me an answer. Was there ever a final answer and solution to this problem?

Kyle may I ask you if you are aware of a solution?

See the above response for what I'm guessing is the cause of what you're seeing as well.

I'm unsure of what you're referring to in regards to the clock, however.  Have a post that you can refer me to with the issue?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

Thank you for your suggestions but so far they have not resolved the problem.

As mentioned, I have deleted panel states, re-installed the service pack, and saved a new panel state.

I just cannot get the FWD and AFT cargo doors to open.

Any other ideas?

Aaron Ortega

Make sure advanced animations FSX option is checked... didn't see this mentioned so I threw in my two cents.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dreamflight767

Did you ever get an answer to this problem or find a solution?  I have the same problem.

bensmini