Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Farhadi

API.dll Crash

Hi All,

Today i was flying a long haul with B777-F from PANC to TNCM with the fedex livery,at top of descent i crashed because of api.dll.

i wanted to know what should have probably caused it and how can i prevent it on the triple seven.

i have win7 x64,fsx +acceleration,PMDG T7 + SP1B,FSGRW 1.7 #24,enabled pause at top of descent,flying on ivao;and for info,i have never had a crash like this on before.

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Welcome to the club.

Were you at the moment of the crash changing views or using the FSX main menu?. Did you get a black screen and still hear the aircraft sounds?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

nope,i couldn't hear the sound and i didn't see a black screen(i have 4gb ram,sorry i forgot to mention).

and i wasn't changing views;but if i remember correctly,i right clicked at the cockpit to ckeck if my fly-mate is still in my 40 nm range or not;but i'm not 100% sure.

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

any idea yet? i'm scared to use this feature again in my long haul flights

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Wow, Eight months later.... do you have the current version of the PMDG 777 product (1.10.6320)?

A crash caused by the API.dll is a Windows crash and the most common item that causes this in some versions of Windows is the UIAutomationCore.dll, used by menus; hence, the question you were asked last year.  Other than that, it is a very rare crash.  A right mouse click launches a context menu so this could be your problem. It has nothing to do with PMDG.  Google will reveal lots of useful help.  However, PMDG does provide help on this in the Introduction document.

What do you mean fly-mate?

Dan Downs KCRP

i have the latest version (as OPC says).
the reason i'm reposting eight months later on this topic was i didn't use this feature on the last eight months!so i was just asking if sths wrong.
by fly-mate i meant my friend that was flying with me on IVAO world tour

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Hello Hamzeh,

api.dll crashes can be due to several causes.

Most commonly it is caused by a system instability:

1. CPU overclock: make sure your overclock is at least 12 hours stable in stress testing
2. System imbalance: I used to have this problem using a bad videocard in combination with a good CPU.
3. Any other BIOS settings: check if your RAM timings are set according to spec, put your videocard to default clock speed if overclocked.

4. Perhaps you have some outdated parts in your PC that are coming to their end and causing instability.

Well,that happened again!this time with g3d.dll
The thing i figured out was there's an AFCAD named "AFX_TNCM_flytampa_dummy.BGL" in 'scenery/world/scenery/' that when i removed it along with disabling my flytampa scenery,seems there's no crash again.
Anyone can help with that?i mean i have paid for it and i have the right to use it but can't!(only with the Triple7) ; when i get to TNCM with 747 seems there's no problem

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

The thing i figured out was there's an AFCAD named "AFX_TNCM_flytampa_dummy.BGL" in 'scenery/world/scenery/' that when i removed it along with disabling my flytampa scenery,seems there's no crash again.

FlyTampa support forum is here: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/

The g3d.dll module is the Windows graphics module, so differences between T7 and legacy 744 are not surprising. Google g3d.dll and you get ton's of help including this one in AVSIM: http://www.avsim.com/topic/355100-g3ddll-workaroundfix-to-prevent-fsx-crashes/

Dan Downs KCRP