Sign in to follow this  
ACAJS41

BBS and the A330/340

Just a couple of thoughts here about this product... I normally would never buy into this beta with "good things to come" mentallity, but there being no good A330's and not seeing an Aerosoft product anytime soon since the 318/319 should have been out long ago I bought the BBS 0.60 product last year.

Im not gonna do a review of the 0.60 version as it is total crap, but that is to be expected... What I do want to comment on is the way they handle their customers on their facebook site (since they have no msg board of their own).

They are nothing short of being total A holes... people come on there looking for updates and get nothing... people come on asking for sceenshots and get nothing but pictures of the landing gear on the A340 (which no one paid for, they paid for the A330)... Then they post vidoes of crosswind landings and people get mad and post things like why are you wasting time posting this crap and get the next update out to us... They respond to the customer with things like "you must have major problems" or "we can issue a refund"... Then I go on FB today and I see someone ask why they are making a A340 when most people dont even want it... The response from BBS is "why are you wasting our development time asking questions like this?" ... Ahhhhh but wait posting videos of crosswind landings isnt wasting time? or posting pictures of the landing gear (which is an insult to begin with) on a product nobody even wanted!!!

What you guys at BBS forget is that people have already paid you for this product... they deserve updates, pictures, videos (of your product). This isnt like asking PMDG or FSLabs website and demanding pictures because they havent paid for their products yet.

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to see if anyone else felt the same... Looks like nothing has changed from the PSS days... Overpriced unfinished crap.

i totally agree. i bought it and i regret it from now. update take a while was supose to be very soon last years . seriously really disapointed

Yeah currently the A330 is unflyable and BBS still refuses to give any kind of a clear indication of the progress, for all we know the next version could be released in 2016. 

Personally I've given up with them, I rather wait for Aerosoft A330. 

@OP

Sorry you've ended up with a duff buy, but nevertheless, a great revelation about how BBS treat their customers. Glad I did not touch them with a barge-pole although in a previous guise I had their PSS stuff.

Sheesh, such rage...

Anyway, I think they are busy, but whenever I have needed support, they have been more than happy to help. I'd say the amount of people asking questions about release dates and the a340 are starting to make them a bit unhappy, I haven't got the 320 on 0.8 (I use AXE) but I think its ok, so jus wait and see. from what I gather, they seem busy..

P.s. you guys seem very impatient, things don't happen over night, seems as if you should take a chill pill.

P.P.S the a340 is something I wanted, so your point is invalid.

Sheesh, such rage...

Anyway, I think they are busy, but whenever I have needed support, they have been more than happy to help. I'd say the amount of people asking questions about release dates and the a340 are starting to make them a bit unhappy, I haven't got the 320 on 0.8 (I use AXE) but I think its ok, so jus wait and see. from what I gather, they seem busy..

P.s. you guys seem very impatient, things don't happen over night, seems as if you should take a chill pill.

P.P.S the a340 is something I wanted, so your point is invalid.

the father and son duo have been busy for 2 years, they are one of, if not the most unprofessional companies in the business. 

14ppkc-6.png

When BBS arrived on the scene many people warned about their past track record and how it would be extremely unwise to buy an unfinished beta from them.

Why oh why do people hand their money over to developers who have such a poor reputation?

Alex

I don't need to take a chill pill, the point of my post was about how they handle their customers... I don't care if it takes them another year to finish the A330... but I do believe they should be putting out regular updates with the status of the A330 product, and not putting down people when they ask questions on FB... Just like we as the customer knew what we were getting into, so should BBS and realize they are going to have customers asking questions and if they choose to answer those questions then it should be done in a professional way.

Again my point is very valid... when this product came out it was for an A330, not an A330/340.

Anyway I'm done with their A330/340...

Yep. Bought this Bus cause it's the "newest" heavy which is Prepar3D v2 compatible. 

After some positive feadback about the A320 v0.8 I get the A330 with the 25% easter discount.

BBS announce to update their A330 "soon" to v0.8.

What do they think what the word "soon" stand for???

Also I don't need a A340 and didn't pay for it.

Well, we have to wait for Aerosoft to bring out their A330. Waiting for BBS to release their Bus in v1.0 is wasting time...

Scambox Simulations

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Scam is a bit hard. Their politics aren't the best.

We all know it's just a 2 man group. No company with lot of developers.

In my opinion they should not use words like soon and so on for month now.

The market leader like PMDG or Aerosoft will never handle their customers with such empty promises.

I am unsure of any further developments with this product. I received an update around the time if fell into the trap for the Bigger Larger than Life jet. Knowing what I know now, Never Ever again. I don't buy beta's for one simple reason. When I look at a business plan it would seem that when a project goes over budget, kick out a new one with the premise that it will save you some in the end. It wouldn't seem too much to most but when you look at the quality of the product at the time of release it looked very nice. We have one of the strongest communities for a reason. We may not all agree or but we all know where to come for info. The past performance of this company leads me to believe that they should at least warrant a warning status on the wall of shame. If nothing more than to say beware of this developer. It has been a very long time since I bought the 320 and in my honest opinion it has been more than enough time to complete the project. These are just my views. I don't beg for updates, or even ask many questions, but when they sit on our hard earned cash it will make my blood boil. Maybe we could get a sister page for the "Wall of Shame" just to Warn future customers of what is almost a scam. Sorry if I have rambled or upset anyone. Capt. McGill, R.J. USN Retired.                                                                          

If people continue to buy unfinished products from companies then those companies will continue to make substandard products. They are making money without finishing it. Wait until a product is complete. That doesn't mean no bugs because all software has them when first released. If you buy an unfinished product you are enabling them to continue. Apparently they don't care about you or others asking questions and wanting updates because they already have your money. A support forum would allow many others to see that and avoid the product. Facebook while extremely popular isn't what I would call a reputable support forum. That should be a indicator that they are a below standard company. They could easily host a forum on their site. Capt Sim started this with their terrible block system that was nothing but payware alpha and beta products. Airsimmer continued the trend. This is one of those live and learn moments. You got screwed.

Please to the others out there. Stop saying any part of their product is good. If it is incomplete none of it is good.

Richie Walsh