Sign in to follow this  
Jonah

Emergency Power on Shutdown

Hi Everyone, First post here so if im doing anything wrong let me know.

As soon as I land I start the APU then taxi to the gate. Once I have arrived I verify that the APU Running message is shown. I then proceed to cutoff fuel to the engines. Once I do this the plane goes into emergency power for a quick second then proceeds to turn on as if I just connected to ground power.

Im not sure what is going on here. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind Regards,

-Jonah Molinski

Im not sure what is going on here. Any help would be appreciated!

When you landed, did you autoland?

Random question, but I'm asking for a reason.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, It was a full autoland.

Bingo - thought so.

Please submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com (you'll need to create a new account there, as it is separate from the e-commerce site, and the forum here) and explain that you're seeing power interruption after an autoland.  Some posts on the forum here are pointing to an error in the ELEC system logic.

Kyle Rodgers

That's quite interesting, is the bug caused due to the bus being split during an Autoland? 

Rob Prest

That's quite interesting, is the bug caused due to the bus being split during an Autoland? 

Seems like it.  I haven't had time to test it myself, but a few other members noted that it was happening on autolands only.  So, I'm guessing the systems go into their split state, but aren't coming back together after landing (weight on wheels, under a speed, spoiler retract - whatever that trigger is supposed to be).

Just for clarification:

The above intelligence was submitted, and investigated entirely by other people.  I'm just repeating what they saw/found/suggest.

Kyle Rodgers

/Ironic mode/

I have a solution: don't autoland, fly that beast by hand so you will enjoy it every minute. :P

/ironic mode off/

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love manual landing, but sometimes use autoland if there is lots of weather!

/Ironic mode/

I have a solution: don't autoland, fly that beast by hand so you will enjoy it every minute. :P

/ironic mode off/

haha - this is exactly the reason I didn't know about it, but I also haven't run into CAT-III-type weather.

This is weird as I always auto land and never have an issue ? Hope you manage to get it sorted

Are you running SP1b?

Kyle Rodgers

haha - this is exactly the reason I didn't know about it, but I also haven't run into CAT-III-type weather.

Are you running SP1b?

Yes running SP1b and also 300er and it works perfect on both

Stewart Cumbers