Sign in to follow this  
nicocorichard

Sudden thrust reduction during climb

Hello guys, 

Hope some of you can give me good advise and solution to my new and bothering problem. let me explain. 

During my last flight with the MD-11, i encounter 1 or 2 sudden thrust reduction in the middle of the climb. Apparently, it all goes fine during cruise and descent. 

An example:

Passing 28000ft, N1 102%, then reduction to 60% during 3 seconds, suffiscient to decrease speed by at least 40kts...well, annoying !

First time this happens to me and don't really know what the problem could be. 

For the record I'm using ASV6.5, but also FSUIPC in which all turbulences and stuff is disabled, and I put values to wind smoothing. 

Does anyone had already had this experience ?

Thanks for your feedback....i wanna find back previous nice MD-11

Nicolas

First time this happens to me and don't really know what the problem could be. 

Is your hardware throttle at about 60% because of where you left it prior to hitting AUTOFLIGHT on the takeoff roll?

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle, 

Thanks for your prompt answer. Actually, my hardware throttle is "full" when autoflight is engaged. So I'm pretty sure it doesn't come from this, even if your idea makes sense. 

I'll continue to test the MD, with and without Active Sky, many times problem regarding thrust during flight is due to sudden change of wind...so i'll check this out and keep you guy posted. This may serve. 

Any other idea is, of course, welcome ;-)

Would you like to try this:

Download these aircraft.cfg  and the .air file. Put the .air. in the MD-11F folder, backing up the original.Open .cfg, do not pay attention to the Weight and balance section ...just scroll down and carefully find the only difference(maybe two!!! small) from the original one, backup the original and make the change..... 

http://1drv.ms/1pTDNjT