Sign in to follow this  
acroshaw

c310 autopilot not working with f1 gtn gauges

I've used the installer provided by milviz, seems that the autopilot is non functional with the gtn guages installed , anyone else had this problem ? if I uninstall them , autopilot is back and working !!!

actually not to worry flight1 have refunded me, gtn uninstalled , will wait till it's more widely used I think !

Just for the record, the autopilot in the C310R is fully compatible with the Flight1 GTN series in both FSX and Prepar3D v2...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, I do believe you! But, I formatted my drive and did a clean install of p3dv2.3 , and everthing works beautifully. Except when I install the GTN in the milviz 310, exactly the same problem. The GTN guages work fine, but the autopilot is non functioning. The other problem is that you have to run the sim as admin, I fly on pilot edge and that client requires you not to run the sim in admin otherwise atc can't hear you. The whole reason I got the gtn guages was to fly ifr on pilotedge,  All that shows up on the autopilot is 'AP ARM' and PT , that's it. Nothing I do can bring it to life.

Ok, I do believe you! But, I formatted my drive and did a clean install of p3dv2.3 , and everthing works beautifully. Except when I install the GTN in the milviz 310, exactly the same problem. The GTN guages work fine, but the autopilot is non functioning. The other problem is that you have to run the sim as admin, I fly on pilot edge and that client requires you not to run the sim in admin otherwise atc can't hear you. The whole reason I got the gtn guages was to fly ifr on pilotedge,  All that shows up on the autopilot is 'AP ARM' and PT , that's it. Nothing I do can bring it to life.

That sounds like a problem with Flight1 not us. The auto pilot in the 310 uses default sim variables. If im not mistaken, the GTN affects them.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I also have the problem with the GTN and the autopilot. There is no funktionality /no buttton can be pressed as long as the GTN is installed. It seems that the XML autopilot gauge stopped working. The same issue happens to the DME. No light and no function.

Switching to the freeradio panel everything works as it should.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

I also have the problem with the GTN and the autopilot. There is no funktionality /no buttton can be pressed as long as the GTN is installed. It seems that the XML autopilot gauge stopped working. The same issue happens to the DME. No light and no function.

Switching to the freeradio panel everything works as it should.

Yes I can verify that there is some sort of problem. I have been trying to get it to work all day. My results were the same as above. I did not however try the freeradio panel. I don't think it is a problem with the GTN units because I cal run and use them just fine as popups and the autopilots seems ok in that config.

That sounds like a problem with Flight1 not us. The auto pilot in the 310 uses default sim variables. If im not mistaken, the GTN affects them.

Yes I can verify that there is some sort of problem. I have been trying to get it to work all day. My results were the same as above. I did not however try the freeradio panel. I don't think it is a problem with the GTN units because I cal run and use them just fine as popups and the autopilots seems ok in that config. Sorry just noticed your post and wanted you to see my experience.

Oh I forgot to mention, when trying to install into the panel I would get a pop up called a Vpatch? and message that it could not find a suitable patch. This would occur upon starting Prepar3D. Did anyone else get that message??

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Has anyone found an answer. Don't see any post from Milviz....they seem to just be ignoring our problem.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

We're not but we do have other things to do.  This is not a high priority issue but we will get to it as soon as we can.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Has anyone found an answer. Don't see any post from Milviz....they seem to just be ignoring our problem.

I have already reported that I've been totally unsuccessful in duplicating this reported issue.

I've gotten well over 100 actual flight hours logged in the C310R using both the GTN750/650 paring and the GTN650x2 pairing.

I might as well add though that actual support is only tendered in the official Milviz support forum, not here at AVSIM.

Please rest assured that this is being looked at seriously.

The other problem is that you have to run the sim as admin, I fly on pilot edge and that client requires you not to run the sim in admin otherwise atc can't hear you.

There is absolutely no requirement that one run the sim in "admin" mode. I've never run any sim version except as a normal user account.

Just to establish that the C310R's autopilot does work with Flight1's GTN750/650, here is a brief video clip showing it in action. Now we need to move this discussion over to the Milviz Support Forum to determine why it is not working for you.

Fr. Bill    

The other problem is that you have to run the sim as admin, I fly on pilot edge and that client requires you not to run the sim in admin otherwise atc can't hear you. The whole reason I got the gtn guages was to fly ifr on pilotedge, All that shows up on the autopilot is 'AP ARM' and PT , that's it. Nothing I do can bring it to life.

Pilotedge works perfectly fine if you run the sim and PE as admin. I do it all the time and have never had an issue. Just an FYI.

Todd

Fresh install of P3Dv2 and 310R freshly downloaded from Milviz with the patch. First shot without the patch second with.

Question... Do I need to own the 650 as well? Is that why this is happening?

Dead ADF and AP after patch. Second try.

Also note compared to N4GIX's video, my fonts are buggered. 

lc3Zp.jpg

ySBaz.jpg

I have the exact same problem as CVEARL shows in his second picture.

I am using P3D 2.4 and MilViz C310R P3Dv2_v3.140421.exe and MilViz_C310R_F1GTN_v1.140818.exe

The autopilot works if I use my Saitek Multi Panel, but the lights on the AP in the Milviz VC look the same as shown in his second picture, except the 650 is not blank as I have that also. If I did not have the Saitek Multi Panel, the autopilot would be unusable. If I use a Flight Plan with the GTN, then the autopilot kicks in ok, but nothing lights up on the AP in the VC. Same as in CVEARL's second picture shown above.

Does anyone have this working? Any suggestions?

I have posted instructions for the "font" issue in the official support forum.

I've also noted there that the current version of the P3Dv2 installer should be:

MilViz C310R P3Dv2_v3.140807.exe

Fr. Bill