Sign in to follow this  
VH_JLC

Any luck with aftermarket MCP's?

Hello and good morning,

Has anyone out there flying the 77W or 77L been able to get any of the availible after market MCP's to work,

Wether it be Goflight, Open cockpits, Fly engravity or anything I've missed..

I realise that these products are for the 737 but apart from the CRS knobs I don't see why it couldn't be made to work for the bigger bird :)

I'm really enjoying the 77W and would love that little bit more emersion..

Cheers in advance

Josh Cliff

Cheers Josh Cliff

Vrinsight mcp2 is great not totally authentic but works well with other aircraft too, i love mine in combo with linda app

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Quote from Paulo at CP Flight

Hi, I'm currently developing the driver Aerowinx 747 http://aerowinx.com/
I think to release this new driver at the end of august, after that I 'll start to develop PMDG777. I think that the 777 driver will be ready at the end of september. Si I think 2 good news for 747 users. Obviously the driver can be used also with 737 hardware with some limitation due to the different functionality.

Best Regards,
Paolo
CPflight

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Thanks Wayne,

The VR insight doesn't really match the look I'm going for (oh the irony when posting to see if a 737 mcp works for a 777 lol)

Thanks Jim,

CPflight MCP pro looks great I just had a quick look at the $$ And it's 999EU which is $1400AUD plus shipping!! Bugger.. Might have to save a few more little gold coins or source another one..

Cheers for the info though

Cheers Josh Cliff

I have the OpenCockpits MCP v2, i know OC have the 777 script somewhere, i opted for the easy way and purchased the installer (much easier option) and the 2 scripts for the 737NGX and 777X from the site. Installed it all last weekend and tested it, seems to work like a charm!!

Will do some more testing this weekend, but im totally stoked about it!

You won't find better support for multiple aircraft or addons like Linda and FSUIPC than for the VRInsight MCP/FCU panels. They are also about half the price compared to the competition and they are built to a better standard than some of the competition too. You certainly would not want one to drop any of the VRi hardware on your foot, the only thing that would break is your foot, lol. Both the PMDG 777 and the NGX are supported by default VRInsight software.

Cheers, Andy.

I'm currently developing the support for the Goflight MCP. It will be out shortly.

Stephen Munn

Hello Josh,

A few years ago i bought a VRi Combo which didn't work at all for me. After that I installed a CP-Flight EL MCP and Efis and they work fantastic on several aircraft. After PMDG 737 NGX I now want to fly with PMDG 777-200 and CP-Flight is writing a new driver for this aircraft (ready end of September) as they did for the Aerowinx B747 before . Be wise and keep your money till you can buy the CP-Flight or compatible quality hardware, it wil not disappoint you as it doesn't many owners of professional simulators. Quality comes with a price !

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks very much for your input gents,

I looked at the Opencockpits MCP a while ago as I like the "white numbers" on it and now knowing it has PMDG 777 functionality as a reasonable price I'm very much leaning that way..

Vr insight is just not my style and good luck with your product :)

CP flight... Well I might hold off for as long as I can but it's almost double the price of anything out there and since I'd like and EFIS to it may just blow the budget..

Thanks again!!

Josh

Cheers Josh Cliff

You won't find better support for multiple aircraft or addons like Linda and FSUIPC than for the VRInsight MCP/FCU panels. They are also about half the price compared to the competition and they are built to a better standard than some of the competition too. You certainly would not want one to drop any of the VRi hardware on your foot, the only thing that would break is your foot, lol. Both the PMDG 777 and the NGX are supported by default VRInsight software.

Agreed 100%. I have the MCP2 and works flawlessly. Although I wish the LINDA module for it would be updated from v.5 now that the SDK is out. Would like to map the gear up/down to it.

Eric 

I am already using the gear command, have you made sure you haven't missed it, or maybe just use the default FS Gear UP and Gear Down commands that you can get to via one of the other menu options. Guenter is already working on a new version of the Linda profile for the 777, it will take some time though as there are a lot of commands to assign and it's a slow methodical process to program them and test them. There are still a few bugs in the SDK too.

Cheers, Andy.

Although I wish the LINDA module for it would be updated from v.5 now that the SDK is out. Would like to map the gear up/down to it.

The LINDA module was updated already the day before yesterday   :P

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update from CP Flight,As of 2/09/2014 13.43.48

Driver for PMDG777 compatibility is finished and is now under test. I expect to release in 2 weeks.

Regards
Paolo
CPflight

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

A driver for Opencockpits MCP, EFIS and FMC  has been working from day 1 of the PMDG B777 SDK release.

A new release of the driver, coming out next week, will have all B777 SDK Variables and Events available for scripting and interfacing.

Check www.flightsim4fun.com

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3