Sign in to follow this  
Zombiescu

addons wanting to get can my pc run them? and is it a good start?

Hello i am a new flight simmer who wants to get into some civil aviation i am coming from DCS (digital combat simulator) mainly the a-10c and i love playing that with friends but i love aviation and i want to fly when my friends aren't on and say for peace time and not intense combat. I am looking to get the following addons and my specs are listed below if anyone could give me any advice on my topics below and inform me and get me rolling with fsx it would be greatly appreciated i really want to get into this side of aviation since i am in more of the bush pilot area of Canada i sort of want to go that direction in fsx then maybe eventually move onto more complex aircraft and airliners. 

MY SPECS: i7 3770K 3.40 GHz

8 GB RAM

GTX 660 1 GB

1TB hardrive

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit 

CURRENT HARDWARE:

hotas warthog

track ir 5 

HARDWARE WANTED : 

Rudder pedals: http://www.amazon.ca/Mad-Catz-Saitek-Flight-PZ35/dp/B000H67DDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409195858&sr=8-1&keywords=saitek+pro+flight+rudder+pedals

Yoke: http://www.amazon.ca/Mad-Catz-Three-Lever-Throttle-PZ44/dp/B000TCD1UK/ref=pd_sim_vg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KJPE00QWK726FZF4JX8

ADDONS: 

UTX Canada

GEX North America

REX essentials plus with overdrive 

^^NEED TO KNOW INSTALL ORDER SO I DONT MESS IT UP THANKS!

Addon aircraft: 

A2A cessna 172 trainer: https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=56

and possibly fs passengers if someone could explain it and what it does briefly like can i own my own airline of any aircraft? confused 

Also what does FSUIPC do? does it make setting up controls easier?

thank you again and if are confused about any of my questions please add me on steam: Zombiescu (with f-18 pic) 

I see no reason to buy a Yoke when you already have the Warthog. Honestly most yokes are as crappy as most joysticks are, so the Warthog is going to be higher quality than the yoke you buy. You're linking a Saitek yoke. Would you downgrade from your Warthog to an X52? I don't think you'd be happy with that, since the X52 has centre play issues and the spring has so much slop in it. The Yoke won't be any better. I'm pretty sure I've read many complaints about the new in box quality of Saitek yokes.

Spend that yoke money on scenery or aircraft. Those pedals are good, even if they are Saitek. Just don't abuse them. I own them and they have come off the tracks a couple times so I had to take it apart to fix it. As always, be gentle with Saitek products. They're made to break.

In general I recommend saving money where you can. Not everything has to be payware. Payware aircraft are the best, but there's more than enough freeware stuff thats excellent, particularly with scenery and with the planning aspect. 

Simbrief.com is a good substitute for PFPX and there are many ways to find routes to use in it. The UK actually publishes a preferred routing PDF so you can look up routes with waypoints and airways and the SIDs and STARs associated with them. For North American flightware.com will give you plenty of real world routes too.

There's so much in the community thats free and has been the labour of many enthusiasts. Its part of why I adore simming; the people are always giving back to one another.

thanks for the reply and the reason for my wanting to get a yoke is because it just wont feel right fling with a warthog which is a military aircraft stick doesn't really feel right in a cessna lol i am one of those people who just needs the stuff to make it feel right... if anyone else can reply on how my system will run with my specs would help alot 

Your system is fine for FSX - very similar to mine.

Try running the CPU at 4.0 GHz... mine will do that without extra cooling, and FSX loves CPU speed..

In terms of add-on aircraft.. the RealAir Scout is a great bush plane and great value!

www.realairsimulations.com

Also, in terms of good bush scenery, have a look at Orbx PNW.. a free demo version is available to test..

Bert

Get a yoke... changes everything.. How can you fly a Cessna with a joystick? FSUIPC is essential. it allows you to calibrate controls, amongst other things. Lets you use the mouse wheel as a trim wheel. Download the free version (very limited) & read the documentation.

I added a 2nd keyboard to my PC. I then re-assigned key into groupss, with coloured labels. This I have on my desktop, next to my Flight Sim laptop, slightly raised in a portrait placement. (a normal keyboard would be in landscape). FSUIPC also allows you to assign a lot more keys than Flight Sim. eg.. FS only toggles the G key for gearup & down. FSuipc allows 2 different. so.. a button for gear up & another for down.

Just remember that a second keyboad assignments are duplicated on the main keyboard as well.

Have fun, There are an amazing selection of freeware planes out there as well, some better than payware.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

So i am also kind of confused is it worth getting ftx global and vector or getting utx and gex?

Many opinions on that.. suggest reading the forums some more..

I have none of the above, and simply fly in Orbx regions, Northern California to Alaska... gives me all I need.

Bert

Just my two cents worth. If you are flying low don't get Mega Earth, it won't look good. Orbx is great.Welcome and good luck .

Get a yoke... changes everything.. How can you fly a Cessna with a joystick?

Easily? lol

Its not different. Its all the same control surfaces, its just a different style of control. Its all in your heads guys. 

I suppose some of you refuse to buy any ERJ addons until someone can fix you a handlebar yoke lest it feel less than genuine.  :rolleyes: \

I'm not even kidding though, its pretty silly, sacrificing the quality of your direct input link from your actions to the simulated aircraft's behavior for the sake of a totally arbitrary conceit. The Thrustmaster Warthog is a masterpiece of analog input design. Downgrading to a Saitek is just... baffling. Whats more important than the fidelity of the link between your will and the aircraft?

Get a yoke... changes everything.. How can you fly a Cessna with a joystick?

I fly all of my planes with a CH Flightstick Pro joystick.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I fly all my planes (those in real life that have) with a stick

Those that have yokes, or similar, I use my CH Products yoke.

Pedals, of course.

lol.. I saw a picture of a guy that decided a joystick on his desk did not give him the control he wanted, so he stuck it on the floor & taped a broom stick handle onto it to give himself more movement.

Each to his own, I surpose....

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Now for the big one.......using a joystick to fly the 737NGX in FSX.

Blasphemy!!! :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yup!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I would try out some freeware photoreal scenery to see if that's to your liking.  Like all add-ons, some are better than others so you need to snoop around.  Also try some freeware Orbx to see if you prefer that.  I'm prefer photoreal but I also have some Orbx areas. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Now for the big one.......using a joystick to fly the 737NGX in FSX.

Blasphemy!!! :lol:

Oh come now. Everyone knows that the vast majority of NGX owners could fly that thing with the Up keyboard key all by itself, just enough to get them to rotate and climb to the required 400 feet for autopilot activation. ;)