Sign in to follow this  
tommchowat

View flashing and changing with EZDok

Hi Guys,

Weird problem I encountered this morning. 

This is with the 777-2 with the 1B update and EZDok version 1.17.

Preflight everything is working as it normally should be, panning around with the hat switch on the gamepad and arrow keys on the keyboard. On the taxi out though, weird things happened. The camera went absolutely crazy, it started flickering and flashing rapidly between the FO view (where I normally 'sit') and the Captain's view. Only happened when the plane was moving forward. When I stopped, it stopped. Thought it could be an anomaly with the scenery (Barbados) but was still there after liftoff. I went to the EZDok studio and did a global disable, and everything went back to normal (apart from having the rubbish FS default views).

Did some experimenting to try and isolate the problem. Sat on the ground again and as soon as I put the thrust up above around 60% N2, the camera went crazy again. Back to idle thrust, and back to normal again. Seems this only happens when the plane is moving, or wants to move. Tried it with the NGX and everything was working normally there, so seems it's only happening with the 777. It only happens in the virtual cockpit view, outside everything is fine.

These are the things I have tried that have NOT worked:

1) Played with endless settings in EZDok

2) Reinstalled EZdok

3) Reinstalled the 777

4) Imported Froogle's 777 EZCA profile

The only thing that fixes it is to disable EZDok completely from the menu.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: Just double checked and turns out it DOES happen with the NGX too.

Chaps I'm so sorry, I've done that thing that I usually berate other people for, and that's figure out the problem right after I've posted on a forum  :oops: 

Remembered that I updated to the latest version of Opus yesterday, and there is a tiny little checkbox to do with dynamic head movement in the Opus interface that I didn't untick  :evil: 

Would normally just delete the post but I'll leave it here in case anyone else does the same cockup.

Got to love this hobby. So much messing about when the problem is just one little mouse click away.